Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help with rear shocks!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
help with rear shocks!

I have dakar leaf packs on my 98 tacoma and need rear shocks. I keep hearing people say the 5100s will work. I need to know if they will. if not I need to know of a shock that is bolt on ready for 2.25 lift in rear

Thanks

part number for the 5100s i want to order

be5-d560-t0
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone ?????
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
go on the vendors section and find downsouth motorsports and give em a call tomorrow.

they should tell you what ya need
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #4

i called. didnt really help at all. all i wanna know is where can i click and buy lol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
do some leg work, flex your truck and measure the collapsed and extended lenght and buy a shock that matches. 5100s is a style of shock not a size. that shock comes in 100 different sizes lol. dont be lazy
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

i dont have my dakars installed yet. i know alot of people on this site have dakars on there 1st gen. I got to order shocks so i can spend a day in the shop and install my lift all at once.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #9

Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #10

where you order the leafs from?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #11

what length do i need for bilstein? i can order direct and just get that tacoma bushings put it
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
where you order the leafs from?
place in Canada called national 4wd in Calgary Alberta. They have them in stock and ready to go
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #13

heres a link to wheelers

scroll down and they have the ome shocks

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #14

would these work for me
http://www.bilsteincanada.com/produc...oducts_id=3678
Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #15

make sure they are for first gens. the shocks have the eyes on both ends and 2nd gens have stems on one side
Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #16

http://www.bilsteincanada.com/produc...oducts_id=1976
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #17

call them and tell them what kinda truck its for to make sure
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #18

ya i spoke with him today he knew fuck all. I think ill just install Dakar and measure the length of what i need and get the bushings and good to go? i am new to the shock buying thing
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
ya i spoke with him today he knew fuck all. I think ill just install Dakar and measure the length of what i need and get the bushings and good to go? i am new to the shock buying thing

find the member 4WD he will probably be able to help you
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #20

i spoke to a few members, i am going tocall a few places tomorrow and find out about the bilstein 5125. a few memebers ordered that in an extended length