LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear seat replaced with storage or platform

Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Gadsden is on a distinguished road
Gadsden's Tacoma Gallery
Rear seat replaced with storage or platform

I'm planning on removing the rear seat of my 2004 DC, I was wondering who else had done this and what complications am I in for... Also please post some pics of what you have done. My goal is to create a platform with back a universal type tie down system, with a back to it as well...
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Gadsden's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Seat comes out easy. As for the platform it can be as simple or complex as you want it. I made a simple one from some plywood with some 2x4 legs. It uses the factory seat holes as mounting locations. I use it for my fridge and other cargo that I want in the truck with me. Usually camera gear and food.

This is before I got a transit lock system for the fridge. I don't have to use ratchet straps any more.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Gadsden's Tacoma Gallery
Did you mount the plywood to the existing seat holes and 2x4's sit underneath for support?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes. The 2x4 legs are attached to the plywood with screws so it's all one unit. But yes the platform bolts down to the stock seat holes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Gadsden's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect thanks... my wife's Q5 can't get here any quicker! Looking forward to start these projects on my Tacoma...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Seat comes out easy. As for the platform it can be as simple or complex as you want it. I made a simple one from some plywood with some 2x4 legs. It uses the factory seat holes as mounting locations. I use it for my fridge and other cargo that I want in the truck with me. Usually camera gear and food.

This is before I got a transit lock system for the fridge. I don't have to use ratchet straps any more.

How do you like the fridge ?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
no time for d-bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How do you like the fridge ?
Love it! I'll never go back to a cooler/ice.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Love it! I'll never go back to a cooler/ice.
ARB , yes ?

What size ?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
no time for d-bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
ARB , yes ?

What size ?
Yep. ARB. It's not the newest version though.

Mine is this model. Pretty sure it's a 50qt.

The new ones from ARB are even better. But I can't find a good reason to upgrade mine. It has worked flawlessly for probably 7 years now. When it's not in the truck its plugged in in the garage as a beverage fridge so it's always in use. It has seriously been great.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. ARB. It's not the newest version though.

Mine is this model. Pretty sure it's a 50qt.

The new ones from ARB are even better. But I can't find a good reason to upgrade mine. It has worked flawlessly for probably 7 years now. When it's not in the truck its plugged in in the garage as a beverage fridge so it's always in use. It has seriously been great.
Awesome

Thanks
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
travis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Submarine Qualified
Name: Travis
travis.diller's Tacoma Gallery
check out mine, it uses the existing bolts/holes for the seat. pretty bitchin actually. It has a mount for my extiguisher as well as mounting points for my custom made straps. Very strong, 1.5 inch angle, I used some soft foam from a dumpster at work for noise insulation underneath