Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1995 outside door handle

Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
mkhenson is on a distinguished road
mkhenson's Tacoma Gallery
1995 outside door handle

I have had the outside chrome door handle replaced twice on my 95 taco. Seems like i am having to lift the handle so far, that the handle is actually cracking. There must be an adjustment somewhere. Is this something that someone could walk me thru? I'm not even sure about how to remove the door panel. (assuming that needs to be done) Thanks for any help you can give.....MH
Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhenson View Post
I have had the outside chrome door handle replaced twice on my 95 taco. Seems like i am having to lift the handle so far, that the handle is actually cracking. There must be an adjustment somewhere. Is this something that someone could walk me thru? I'm not even sure about how to remove the door panel. (assuming that needs to be done) Thanks for any help you can give.....MH
Seems like you got some issue with the linkage inside the door.

Removing the door panel is easy.

Off the top of my head, remove the two screws in the arm rest/pull. Pop off the trim panel around the switches (if you have any), then remove the wire clips. Remove the little screw in from the interior door handle. Remove door handle from rod.

Then there's like 6 or so clips behind the panel that you just slowly/carefully pry. Lift up and off to remove the panel.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Im having this problem as well!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Actually you need to re align the actual door. When. Rebuilt my truck I noticed I was doing that to the point my handle was about to crack. Turns out I was having to literally lift the door up out of the latch.

Readjusted and is fine.
How Did you readjust the door?