Line-X Rocker Panels 3 18.75%
Sliders 13 81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
tr0gd0r is on a distinguished road
tr0gd0r's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tr0gd0r
POLL: Line-X Rocker Panels or Sliders

I want to protect the bottom part of my Tacoma from rock chips and the like, which is the better choice; getting Line-X applied to the rockers or getting some sliders?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
kmillan is on a distinguished road

kmillan's Tacoma Gallery
I say get the sliders...Getting some rock chips on your rocker panels isn't a big deal, on the other hand getting high centered on a rock and screwing up your rockers so bad you can't even open your door might be a little more pricey..
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i voted sliders but i would do both jmho
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i vote get some sliders................and you can do as im gonna do(when it warms up)....and buy a $30 quart of herculiner and do the rockers with it....roll or brush on. it holds up extremely well.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i vote get some sliders................and you can do as im gonna do(when it warms up)....and buy a $30 quart of herculiner and do the rockers with it....roll or brush on. it holds up extremely well.

x2
Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Im bais cuz I just ordered shrockworks sliders. If they can match your paint line x doesnt look that bad I personaly dont like the look unless its black on black. but thats my opinion one other thing are you worried about scracthes or off road damage.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
sliders arent going to stop all the rocks from flying up from the ground...i still have them hit my truck on a regular basis...however...the combination should protect them all
Old 02-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

just watch out for the 'ole hootus
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

just watch out for the 'ole hootus
just how in the hell would the "ol hootus" be in the way when bedlining??
Old 02-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
just how in the hell would the "ol hootus" be in the way when bedlining??
Please read:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...5&pagenumber=1
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #11

Quote:
ah, yes.............................there is a need for rubber gloves when applying the herculiner...........................definitely dont wanna get any on your hootus!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
Mayor of TW

Quote:
ah, yes.............................there is a need for rubber gloves when applying the herculiner...........................definitely dont wanna get any on your hootus!!!
lol... you've never heard that story??

It's internet legend at this point...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #13

Quote:
lol... you've never heard that story??

It's internet legend at this point...
well....i had heard about it in a round about way, but thats the first time i ever read the story!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
Mayor of TW

If you're ever REALLY bored, read the entire thread... it's amazing... EPIC even...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #15

Quote:
If you're ever REALLY bored, read the entire thread... it's amazing... EPIC even...
yeah.....im gonna do a full read soon.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #16
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ha ha ha lmao. That poor guy. Note to self: wear gloves and be extra careful - and don't be stingy on the gloves; just change them if you have to
Old 06-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #17
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
ROFL
"Because skin has pores and because you have sweat
pores all over your body, you simply need to "sweat"
the gastly stuff off. My recommendation (and I am
being serious here!) is to go get a couple of condoms.
A latex glove may prove more effective. Slip it on
over your hootus and go jogging. Or sit in a sauna
butt naked. Eventually, your pores will open up, you
will sweat like a hog in the sun, the bond will be
broken and it will just peel off. Trust me. It works."