Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM 1996 tacoma body and bed mounts

Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
tstotka is on a distinguished road
tstotka's Tacoma Gallery
OEM 1996 tacoma body and bed mounts

hey, i have a 1996 tacoma and it has a 3 inch body lift on it. i was wondering if theres any kit that has everything to go back to my stock height? or any other ways of going back to stock height? thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstotka View Post
hey, i have a 1996 tacoma and it has a 3 inch body lift on it. i was wondering if theres any kit that has everything to go back to my stock height? or any other ways of going back to stock height? thanks
When I removed my 3'' body lift I used an energy suspension body mount/bushing kit.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
tstotka's Tacoma Gallery
does it come with every thing? such as hardware and stuff. and did you do it yourself?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. I did it myself.

Its easy, just time consuming.

The energy susp kit only comes with the bushings, spacers and mount plates, you have to get hardware that is 3'' shorter than what you have now from somewhere else. I just pulled a clip, bed, and body bolt and just got some that were 3'' shorter at ace hardware. I used grade 8 hardware.

and dont forget about the steering shaft extension, gas filler neck extension, and shifter extensions if they were used.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
tstotka's Tacoma Gallery
alright thank you very much
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the ES body mount kit as well...
mine is combined with a 4crawler 1" BL

The the ES body mount kit is mostly complete...
you would still need purchase shorter bolts then what
was used on the 3" BL

Some hardware stores carry grade 8 bolts that may work...
or you can possibly purchase a set thru 4crawler

Below... some pics comparing the ES body mount to the oem

Energy Suspension body mount...

factory left... ES right...

why my factory body mounts were changed to the ES...