1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 tacoma 3.4 prerunner sr5 running lean

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Norcalkid, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Apr 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Norcalkid

Norcalkid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Willows ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Icon coilovers, rear icon gas shocks with resevuar. 100 serries American eagle wheels wrapped in 33 in bfg ta's
    ok all my trucks been running lean, hasnt been much of an issue till lately, when cold it has absolutely no low end tourqe. it gets a little better when it warms up but it still hesitates when leaving from a stop even at best when warm its still drasticly underpowered, and anywhere near wide open it just bogs and looses speed. ive cleaned the maf sensor throttle body replaced the fuel filter and ran a few bottles of fuel system cleaner through it all has helped out a little at a time but marginally so. took it to my mechanic and his scanner says codes, 0171-lean system bank 1, 0335-crank position sensor a, and 0340-cam sensor a. he told me most likely dirty or clogged injectors, will throw the crank and cam codes, but ive heard stories of the timing belt jumping a notch or two causing the same type of issue i am hoping he is right about the dirty injectors being as im unemployed at the moment im on a bit of a tight budget. has anyone ever used the at home injector cleaning kits? ive been looking at them and they seem to be a good idea but im not sure. any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou all

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. Apr 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    you
    have you ran seafoam through it yet? cleaned the throttle body? if not, try that and see what it does for you.

3. Apr 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Norcalkid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Willows ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Icon coilovers, rear icon gas shocks with resevuar. 100 serries American eagle wheels wrapped in 33 in bfg ta's
    I've thought about seafoam but I've heard quite a few horror stories about it cleaning out all the magic that keeps it running right in the first place haha

4. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    DAMOS

DAMOS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 Dub Cab TRD 4x4
    TRD sc Magna flow cat back
    check for vacuum leaks

5. Apr 13, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    rmtofast

rmtofast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    greencastle pa
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma ext cab on 33s
    3 inch body lift 2 inch suspension, 33 inch cooper discovery st maxx on classic locks ..sliders elocked bumper..
    I too have the bank 1 system lean code, new plugs and wires , , cleaned maf , new filter, new fuel filter still have code and still bogs out at full throttle. I just keep driving it

6. Apr 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Norcalkid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Willows ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    That's what I did and I'm here to tell ya It gets a lot worse over time

Products Discussed in

To Top