Notices

99 tacoma 3.4 prerunner sr5 running lean

Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Norcalkid is on a distinguished road

Navy: Engineman
Name: Jeff
Norcalkid's Tacoma Gallery
99 tacoma 3.4 prerunner sr5 running lean

ok all my trucks been running lean, hasnt been much of an issue till lately, when cold it has absolutely no low end tourqe. it gets a little better when it warms up but it still hesitates when leaving from a stop even at best when warm its still drasticly underpowered, and anywhere near wide open it just bogs and looses speed. ive cleaned the maf sensor throttle body replaced the fuel filter and ran a few bottles of fuel system cleaner through it all has helped out a little at a time but marginally so. took it to my mechanic and his scanner says codes, 0171-lean system bank 1, 0335-crank position sensor a, and 0340-cam sensor a. he told me most likely dirty or clogged injectors, will throw the crank and cam codes, but ive heard stories of the timing belt jumping a notch or two causing the same type of issue i am hoping he is right about the dirty injectors being as im unemployed at the moment im on a bit of a tight budget. has anyone ever used the at home injector cleaning kits? ive been looking at them and they seem to be a good idea but im not sure. any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou all
Old 04-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalkid View Post
ok all my trucks been running lean, hasnt been much of an issue till lately, when cold it has absolutely no low end tourqe. it gets a little better when it warms up but it still hesitates when leaving from a stop even at best when warm its still drasticly underpowered, and anywhere near wide open it just bogs and looses speed. ive cleaned the maf sensor throttle body replaced the fuel filter and ran a few bottles of fuel system cleaner through it all has helped out a little at a time but marginally so. took it to my mechanic and his scanner says codes, 0171-lean system bank 1, 0335-crank position sensor a, and 0340-cam sensor a. he told me most likely dirty or clogged injectors, will throw the crank and cam codes, but ive heard stories of the timing belt jumping a notch or two causing the same type of issue i am hoping he is right about the dirty injectors being as im unemployed at the moment im on a bit of a tight budget. has anyone ever used the at home injector cleaning kits? ive been looking at them and they seem to be a good idea but im not sure. any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou all
have you ran seafoam through it yet? cleaned the throttle body? if not, try that and see what it does for you.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #3

I've thought about seafoam but I've heard quite a few horror stories about it cleaning out all the magic that keeps it running right in the first place haha
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
DAMOS is on a distinguished road

DAMOS's Tacoma Gallery
check for vacuum leaks
Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
rmtofast is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rmtofast's Tacoma Gallery
I too have the bank 1 system lean code, new plugs and wires , , cleaned maf , new filter, new fuel filter still have code and still bogs out at full throttle. I just keep driving it
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmtofast View Post
I too have the bank 1 system lean code, new plugs and wires , , cleaned maf , new filter, new fuel filter still have code and still bogs out at full throttle. I just keep driving it
That's what I did and I'm here to tell ya It gets a lot worse over time