Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Petition for a Recall on TRD E Locker Actuators

Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Petition for a Recall on TRD E Locker Actuators

I've been without mine for about a year now, finally looked into it today. Long story short it's no wonder these things fail all the time. They aren't sealed very well from factory and have a perfect hiding hole beside the 3rd member to trap salt, grime and moisture! Not to mention the crappy magnesium housing cover that literally fell apart as I took it off!

So I'm posting this wondering why Toyota is not putting out a recall on such a problem? There was recently a recall for the spare tire carriers rusting and falling off and from my research online the E-locker actuator has been a far bigger issue for a much longer time than this recent spare tire recall.

If you agree please take the time to comment on Toyota's Facebook page, under my post there (Tron K Blum), dunno how to link to it. Or just post on the page!

Also feel free to discuss here as well this isn't restricted to just 1st Gens either!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was lucky to get my replaced with only 1500 miles left on my extended warranty and 118k on the truck. I have only heard of one other person where their actuator stopped working.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Well it was worth a shot. Thought it was more common of an issue.

I see your point on safety as well. I still feel like Toyota should somewhat stand behind this issue though. I just got quoted $1700 for a replacement actuator from the dealer!!! $1700??? I'd rather buy a new non TRD 8.4 axle and drop in gears and a posi/ARB.