Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need your help guys!!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
I need your help guys!!

Hello guys, I just wanna thank everyone here at this forum that has help me out with question and suggestion on my taco. Now I'm really debating on installing 881 and wheelers 5 leaf pack. I'm debating because my stock leafs are on great shape my truck only has 69k I do have 5100 up front middle setting so my truck is level. I already have everything for my leaf, but should I wait at least until my truck hits 100k and gets older ?? What if I don't like the look of the lift?? Damn what do you recommend me to do? Thanks guys here is a pic of how it sits now.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
are you happy with ride quality and look? if yes to both, keep it as is.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Hello guys, I just wanna thank everyone here at this forum that has help me out with question and suggestion on my taco. Now I'm really debating on installing 881 and wheelers 5 leaf pack. I'm debating because my stock leafs are on great shape my truck only has 69k I do have 5100 up front middle setting so my truck is level. I already have everything for my leaf, but should I wait at least until my truck hits 100k and gets older ?? What if I don't like the look of the lift?? Damn what do you recommend me to do? Thanks guys
Isnt the 5 pack going to give you much more lift in the back?
I have 881's up front with a pro comp AAl in the rear and it set pretty level and my rear springs are pretty close to being flat.
Are they 1.5 springs or 3.0 in springs?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Isnt the 5 pack going to give you much more lift in the back?
I have 881's up front with a pro comp AAl in the rear and it set pretty level and my rear springs are pretty close to being flat.
Are they 1.5 springs or 3.0 in springs?
Yea it should give me a 1.5"
Old 04-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
I read this wrong the first time. Why wouldn't you like the look of the lift? Can't you adjust the 5100s so you get the level ride you want?

Are you concerned about tire and fender gap once you're lifted? If you're worried about that... Then wait until you have the funds to get bigger tires.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
SanClemTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
SanClemTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I say leave it be for now. Wait till the truck fund has some more cash and life the back, front, and get new tires at the same time. Unless something about the current is wrong dont change it
Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #7

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
I read this wrong the first time. Why wouldn't you like the look of the lift? Can't you adjust the 5100s so you get the level ride you want?

Are you concerned about tire and fender gap once you're lifted? If you're worried about that... Then wait until you have the funds to get bigger tires.
Actually I'm not concerned about that. I have Bfg 265 75 16. 5100 are in the middle setting right now. I have new 881 that I was gonna install up front and set the 5100 back to 0. Is just that I don't know if I should wait until I get more miles on my truck and stuff.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Mine had less than 2.5K when I replaced all the shocks & springs.
You bought it might as well enjoy it.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #9

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanClemTaco View Post
I say leave it be for now. Wait till the truck fund has some more cash and life the back, front, and get new tires at the same time. Unless something about the current is wrong dont change it
This is what I might do!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #10

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually I'm not concerned about that. I have Bfg 265 75 16. 5100 are in the middle setting right now. I have new 881 that I was gonna install up front and set the 5100 back to 0. Is just that I don't know if I should wait until I get more miles on my truck and stuff.
Since you have everything you need, I would personally install it. Why wait another 2 years (assuming you drive 15k a year) to enjoy the new suspension already in your hands.

Plus, you can sell your OEM parts. You'll get more with 70k on them than 100k... Especially since you said they're still in good condition.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #11

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
Since you have everything you need, I would personally install it. Why wait another 2 years (assuming you drive 15k a year) to enjoy the new suspension already in your hands.

Plus, you can sell your OEM parts. You'll get more with 70k on them than 100k... Especially since you said they're still in good condition.
Your are correct!! Well I just drop her off at the shop to get everything installed. Hope it looks good!! Ill post pics later
Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #12

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your are correct!! Well I just drop her off at the shop to get everything installed. Hope it looks good!! Ill post pics later
How much can I get out if the old leafs???
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How much can I get out if the old leafs???
My guess is not much for 10 year old leafs, and most people want to upgrade.
I'm suprised at the low mileage on your Taco.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #14

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
My guess is not much for 10 year old leafs, and most people want to upgrade.
I'm suprised at the low mileage on your Taco.
Work it's 12 miles round trip that's why the low miles. Ill post them on Craigs and see how much I can get.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #15

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well post them on here too. Never know, you might get someone who wants to go back to stock for aesthetic or even selling purposes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Work it's 12 miles round trip that's why the low miles. Ill post them on Craigs and see how much I can get.
I recently went from a 70 mile round trip (280 to 350/week) to a 11 mile round trip.
A tank of gas that would last 1 1/2 weeks now lasts me over 2 months.