Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fabtech or Bilstein Coilovers lift Help

Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Morvant16 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Morvant16's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech or Bilstein Coilovers lift Help

I was trying to decide between a fabtech 3.5" adjustable coilover and performance shocks lift and a 5100 bilstein/eibach coilover and 5100 rear shocks 3" lift. Both are in the $600-$700 range. If anyone has ran these lifts or know someone that ran them feel free to tell me your opinions. Also if it is worth the money or if i would need to get after market control arms to help prevent wear and tear.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
OME and an AAL IMO
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
does that run around the same price?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes sir. From Toytec its about $750
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Alright thanks i will look into that for sure, is that what you have on your truck?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant16 View Post
Alright thanks i will look into that for sure, is that what you have on your truck?
Nah I have Fox mid travel. But I know many members with OME on their trucks and I'd say 99% of them swear by it
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #7

Here

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
sbsurfer is on a distinguished road

sbsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the Toytec Ultimate Lift with the Bilstein 5100/Eibach adjustable coilovers and 5100's in the rear with an AAL and LOVE IT! Truck rides way better and I like the fact that i can adjust the front end up or down b/c I plan on getting a new front bumper which will weigh more than stock at some point down the road and the adjustable coil overs will allow me to change the height depending on load.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsurfer View Post
I just installed the Toytec Ultimate Lift with the Bilstein 5100/Eibach adjustable coilovers and 5100's in the rear with an AAL and LOVE IT! Truck rides way better and I like the fact that i can adjust the front end up or down b/c I plan on getting a new front bumper which will weigh more than stock at some point down the road and the adjustable coil overs will allow me to change the height depending on load.
Thats $300 over what he wanted to spend and with OME you just change out the coils if you buy an aftermarket bumper
Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
sbsurfer is on a distinguished road

sbsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Thats $300 over what he wanted to spend and with OME you just change out the coils if you buy an aftermarket bumper
He did mention the price points of the lifts he has looked at but not sure if he ever gave a budget. I was just sharing info on the lift he asked about the Bilstein/Toytec coil overs.

You're right, I could just change out the coils when i get the new (heavier) bumper...but new coils would be an additional $170, then the cost to have them compressed and added on to the existing strut...another $80....then the time to disassemble/reassemble the entire front end.....

You're looking close to that $300 difference real quickly...I would rather reach under with a spanner wrench and just adjust the coil overs and spend more time having fun with the truck.