Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about DIY Blackout of my MT Rims.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Wilbanksusmc is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1/9
Name: Jordan
Wilbanksusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Question about DIY Blackout of my MT Rims.

Should I? What should I use? I really think the truck would look better with blacked out wheels.

also i plan on debadging and blacking out the Toyota emblem on the grill.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
try plastidip and then if you like it then go for the permanent stuff
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
try plastidip and then if you like it then go for the permanent stuff
X2
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

awesome thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
you can just leave the plastidip, awesome stuff.

Semper Fi

SGT Canova
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
rmtofast is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rmtofast's Tacoma Gallery
It would look sweet with my wheels on it classic locks matte black with red rings
Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Man I keep thinking about what Super Blue (for guns) would be like on wheels. They make it for steel, aluminum and alloys containing nickel.

I have no idea what your, or my, wheels are made of though honestly.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
rmtofast is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rmtofast's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are Aluminim so are the rings
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
you can just leave the plastidip, awesome stuff.

Semper Fi

SGT Canova
Thanks what I was thinking. I like the plasti dip idea, trying not to break the bank by getting new wheels.

Semper Fi
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmtofast View Post
It would look sweet with my wheels on it classic locks matte black with red rings
That sounds like it would look pretty sweet. I like the all black rims, because my tiny is dark and the bully bar is black too so it would look sick I think with all black.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #11

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Man I keep thinking about what Super Blue (for guns) would be like on wheels. They make it for steel, aluminum and alloys containing nickel.

I have no idea what your, or my, wheels are made of though honestly.
Yeah I need to look mine up and figure that out too. Haven't had time though..
Old 04-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Dude... Your truck is so clean!!! Personally id lose the westin bar but other then that your truck is beautiful man! Love the first gens that are clean like this.

As for the wheels, Id save those aluminum? ones and look into getting some american racing wheels that are like 100 bucks a piece? Just the plain ones with D holes and a red lip. That would look SICK also some general grabbers with the red lettering would make the truck flow so nice!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
fshams is on a distinguished road

fshams's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of wheels / size are these? I like them a lot..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
toys4ever is just really nicetoys4ever is just really nicetoys4ever is just really nicetoys4ever is just really nice
toys4ever's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking Tacoma, looks good to me the way it is....ha