Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

which cylinder/s prone to knock in SC'ed 3.4?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Senior Lurker
jacky_bubbles will become famous soon enough

jacky_bubbles's Tacoma Gallery
which cylinder/s prone to knock in SC'ed 3.4?

Hey everybody. I'm hooking up a knocklite into my 3.4 to help tune and I just want to make sure I pick the right knock sensor bank (1 or 2) to tap into. It's prolly a coin flip but if there are certain cylinders more prone to knock, I'd rather pick that bank.

Also, any idea where the RPM signal is located (terminal code wise) on a manual 5vze?

I have sourced this:

"4) RPM signal system
Camshaft position and crankshaft position are detected by the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor,
camshaft position is input as a control signal to TERMINAL G2 of the engine control module, and engine RPM is input to
TERMINAL NE+"

Sounds like NE+ ? Can anyone confirm that for me?!

thanks!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
I think they are all just a prone. I would just get the URD kit and call it a day. More power and no knock. Win win.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Lurker

Haha Andrew, I DO have a URD kit BUT, I also have an Aquamist kit (water/meth) I want to try first!!

-Bubs
Old 04-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior Lurker

Can anyone confirm the rpm signal terminal location?