Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fasten Seat Belt Light stays on...

Old 04-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Fasten Seat Belt Light stays on...

A quick history: I bought this truck ('02 PreRunner X-Cab) with a rebuilt title. It had been t-boned on the driver-side and completely rebuilt. Everything works great, except for the damned Fasten Seat Belt light! Well, that and the retractor in my seatbelt doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know where the sensors are that I can look for? I'm considering ordering a whole new assembly for about $150 shipped. That may fix the problem, but I'm just not sure I'll probably DynaMat that rear quarter panel while I'm changing it out. Any ideas?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Seat belt light ....
There should be a wire going from the floor to the underside of the seat. Locate it and make sure its connected. You may have to remove the seat to locate the plug on the seat.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Put on your seatbelt.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Seat belt light ....
There should be a wire going from the floor to the underside of the seat. Locate it and make sure its connected. You may have to remove the seat to locate the plug on the seat.
If the wire under the seat isn't connected the light doesn't come on at all. So your problem is most likely the switch.

If you can take apart the female part of the harness that the seat belt clicks into (the part bolted to the seat), then your problem is somewhere in there. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out! It's a toyota after all.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Put on your seatbelt.
Now why didn't I think of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
If the wire under the seat isn't connected the light doesn't come on at all. So your problem is most likely the switch.

If you can take apart the female part of the harness that the seat belt clicks into (the part bolted to the seat), then your problem is somewhere in there. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out! It's a toyota after all.
I just went and looked at the anchor side. It's got some of those security screws in it, so I'll have to go find a driver for it. And as you can see by the beautiful electrical tape someone has been in there already doing...something...
Attached Thumbnails
Fasten Seat Belt Light stays on...-seatbelt.jpg   Fasten Seat Belt Light stays on...-seatbelt2.jpeg  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
You can get those at your neighborhood ace hardware! But if you're not terribly worried about the sensor, just disconnect the wire under the seat. Takes literally 5 seconds. Just don't forget to buckle up.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #7

Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably just disconnect it for now, then fix it when I order the whole shebang. Ah hell, who am I kidding? I'll forget all about it by then.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
A quick history: I bought this truck ('02 PreRunner X-Cab) with a rebuilt title. It had been t-boned on the driver-side and completely rebuilt. Everything works great, except for the damned Fasten Seat Belt light! Well, that and the retractor in my seatbelt doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know where the sensors are that I can look for? I'm considering ordering a whole new assembly for about $150 shipped. That may fix the problem, but I'm just not sure I'll probably DynaMat that rear quarter panel while I'm changing it out. Any ideas?
Do you always put your seatbelt on regardless of a light/chime telling you to?

If so, just disconnect the wire clip underneath your seat.

EDIT: nvm. I have to get better about reading past the 1st post before I post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #9

Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
No worries Madjik.

I went out on my lunch break today and unplugged, and noticed that the clip/plug was INCREDIBLY dirty. Like, I don't even know how a plug under a seat could get that dirty! Anyways, I cleaned it up a bit and plugged it back up...voila! Works like a charm.