Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Missing counter balance weight on brake drum

Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Missing counter balance weight on brake drum

My brake light has been going on and off for a few days. I figured my rear shoes were getting wore down and the fluid level in my brake reservoir was getting low. I yanked the drums off to check the shoes. I still have about half the shoe left, so I just decided to add more fluid and throw the drums back on. One think I noticed was that one of the drums was missing the counter weight that is welded to the outside of the drum. It had been there, as there was no paint where it was supposed to be and was rusty, so it has been missing for quite some time. My truck does have some vibrations for the last 2 sets of tires that would never go away or change with a balance or rotation. Is it possible the missing counter balance weight could be causing my vibrations?

It isn't the driveline either, as I had the drive shaft balanced when I had the u-joints replaced.