Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pro comp skid plate question

Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
tacocass is on a distinguished road

Name: cass
tacocass's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp skid plate question

Does anyone know if this will work on a stock truck? I bought my truck and it's missing all skid plates... Any recommendations?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-off-road.html
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the vague response, I didn't realize you were a first gen, I would pm a few vendors to see if you can get a front skid made, more than likely one of the vendors here will have a better skid than pro comp
Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

Ok, I really want reviews from other members. I'd like to buy right and buy something that will bolt on with zero modifications. Thanks for the link anyway...
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Look into Skid Row or BudBuilt. I have the skid row skids and the IFS and Transmission skids bolted right up. Need to do some drilling to mount the transfer case skid. They are pretty tough skids though. I would trust Pro Comp for protection, maybe wheels, but thats it.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVCOTaco View Post
Look into Skid Row or BudBuilt. I have the skid row skids and the IFS and Transmission skids bolted right up. Need to do some drilling to mount the transfer case skid. They are pretty tough skids though. I would trust Pro Comp for protection, maybe wheels, but thats it.
Thank you!