Hi guys! As the title says, the truck failed smog today because "its OBD system was not ready to test."
The tech showed me that the EVAP and CAT systems have not been reset.
He recommended the following for the next few days:
1) Drive the truck between 55 to 65
2) Allow the truck to idle and warm up before driving in the morning
3) Keep the gas between 1/4 and 3/4 tank
4) Do not turn on the A/C
The tech seemed trustworthy and has great reviews. He offered to test the OBD system before a retest. I just want to run the following by you guys to get your thoughts and make sure I do what's needed before the retest.
1) I disconnected the battery last week to clean the MAF sensor. I haven't driven the truck much since then so the drive cycle reset recommended by the tech seems like it could fix the problem. Is there anything else needed to complete the OBD drive cycle?
2) I got CEL P2238 (o2 sensor) last year two or three times and reset it each time. No CEL for the past 4 to 6 months. Could this affect the OBD test?
3) Does having an ultragauge connected prior to testing affect anything? I've disconnected it for now just to be safe.
Any info is appreciated! Thanks!