Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARB front bumper installation, OME Spring choice to retain lift. 882's, 883's?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
tperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to all
Name: Travis
tperkins's Tacoma Gallery
ARB front bumper installation, OME Spring choice to retain lift. 882's, 883's?

In the interest of not jacking the other thread, I feel it is necessary to create my own as all my research has left me with questions.

The set up I am currently running on my 2004 Xtra Cab Toyota is as follows: stock sized Monroe front struts with the 3" Revtec lift (/leveling kit, whatever you want to call it) and a stock front bumper.

I am soon to be putting on an ARB front bumper and am wondering which front suspension set up I should choose:

Currently, as the truck sits, the front end is sagging. This will certainly be made worse with the addition of the ARB bumper.

I plan on getting Bilstein 5100's and was wondering what my best plan of attack is.

My friend with 5100's and the same spring/leveling blocks (revtec lift and stock springs) set up's truck sits higher with his ARB bumper then my truck with the stock bumper, but his coils look very compressed.

When I put the new bumper on, do I:

1.) Retain same spring/lift kit and get new 5100's?

2.) Get 5100's and install them with OME 882's? Can this (/is this to) be used with the Revtec lift kit?

3.)Get 5100's and install them with OME 883's? Would this achieve a slightly higher lift (without the Revtec lift)?

Thank you in advance for your time and I am sorry if this is an annoying question.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
tperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to alltperkins is a name known to all
Because I forgot to include pictures for you kind people:
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
I am thinking Bilstein 5100's with OME 883's. I have a 10mm lift enhancer to install if need be, and install without the Revtec with the Struts set to "0". What are people's thoughts? Would this achieve what I am looking for? From what I read, it should, but I would like some feedback before I spend any money. Sorry if I seem impatient, when I get a plan I like to act quickly on it.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the most lift and the support for the bumper get some eibach coils. at least 3" of lift and no sagging with bumper or a winch. just get ready to fuck up your cv boots lol.

it is suggested that 883s be used with OME shocks.

don't use the spacer, the 883s and especially the eibachs will lift the truck as much as you should have. any more and its too much cv angle.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
I am ready to fuck up CV's don't worry about that

So your recommendations are Eibach coils and Bilstein 5100's? To reiterate lol.

That was directed at IDtrucks.

m3bassman, so 883's with a different strut?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
883's with OME Nitros.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
I went to the local offroad store, they told me though don't make bilstein 5100's for my truck lol, also could not find the springs. Looks like I will be buying online.

I am thinking Bilstein 5100 and Eibach coils, but would also consider OME nitrocharger shock and 883 springs.

Are there any positives or negatives to either set up?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
For those interested:

Bilsteins/ Eibach:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...8855&Itemid=53

OME Nitrocharger's and 883 springs:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tperkins View Post
I went to the local offroad store, they told me though don't make bilstein 5100's for my truck lol, also could not find the springs. Looks like I will be buying online.

I am thinking Bilstein 5100 and Eibach coils, but would also consider OME nitrocharger shock and 883 springs.

Are there any positives or negatives to either set up?
haha. that shop would be wrong. Get the 5100s from down south motorsports, vendor on here great deals.

and yes, 883s and nitrochargers and 5100s and eibachs are pretty much the same thing. A stiff coil on some shocks. The 5100s i think might be a tad stiffer, but if you put more weight up there they will soften up and ride better. As i said though, and as others have said, eibachs don't sag with extra weight, they will have a pretty long life.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Lets play "how many times can I make a fool of myself?"

Thanks again everyone for your time! I will post results when I get it done.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Second place I have spoken to today that said I can't get Bilstein 5100's for my truck...

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...2004-pair.html

and these:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I found these (which seem to be correct)
And these:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Am I missing something here?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
No a second local place did lol. Not DSM, I haven't spoken to them yet