Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

03 Tacoma 2.4 liter...fuel pump relay location / long time no start question

Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Hansel is on a distinguished road
Name: Glenn
Hansel's Tacoma Gallery
03 Tacoma 2.4 liter...fuel pump relay location / long time no start question

My 2003 Tacoma 2.4 liter base truck has been sitting six months due to a wreck.

I would like to start it, but think it would be a good idea to crank the engine without fuel delivery so that the oil pressure will build up. I figure this would help minimize damage due to a dry start... does that make sense?

If so, can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay or fuse is located so I can temporarily pull it?
Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
My 2003 Tacoma 2.4 liter base truck has been sitting six months due to a wreck.

I would like to start it, but think it would be a good idea to crank the engine without fuel delivery so that the oil pressure will build up. I figure this would help minimize damage due to a dry start... does that make sense?

If so, can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay or fuse is located so I can temporarily pull it?
I have a 98 3.4 but the relay is behind the lower dash panel next to/near the steering column.

I've seen them where they are adjacent to the interior fuse panel (behind the lower dash) as well.

Mine is stamped "circuit opening relay" on it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Hansel's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

anyone know if the 4 cylinder has the relay in the same location as the 6?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
thanks

anyone know if the 4 cylinder has the relay in the same location as the 6?
It's literally two screws and two or three bolts to remove that panel and look it at it.

1 minute tops.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Hansel's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the PIC