1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would YOU do?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Itisreallycold, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    Itisreallycold

Itisreallycold [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Minnesnowta
    Vehicle:
    Ol' Rusty
    Overhauling my front suspension/steering system. Im going to be replacing my steering rack, and the new one that I bought (AAE from rockauto) already has inner tie rods installed. Would YOU replace the inner tie rods with MOOG's since I already have them, OR just leave the ones on that came with the rack and get $60.00 back??

2. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Are you on a budget ? Dont fix /replace whats not broken yet, use the money for more mods :D

3. Apr 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Partzguy

Partzguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I'd leave the rack exactly as you receive it. Having worked in the auto parts industry for almost 40 years, I can tell you that if your new rack is modified in any way- and ends up having a warranty problem- the manufacturer will want it back exactly as they sold it to you. Even though swapping out tie rods should make no difference, some manufacturers will look for any reason to deny a warranty claim.

Products Discussed in

To Top