Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacement leafs for saggy 03 PreRunner

Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery

So upon inspection of my new (to me) 03 Double Cab TRD Prerunner, it looks like the previous owner put some shackles on the rear to combat the saggy rear leafs. I love the ride height of the truck now (nice and level with the front, which has a 1" spacer over the top of the strut assy), but want to put some new springs in back and get things back to how they should be (Happy and not frowning )
and to try to improve the ride and maybe reduce my axle wrap issues.
So, what would you all recommend for some new springs for a good ride and minimal lift? I don't haul much other than a couple guitars or golf clubs, and the only additional weight on the back is the hard tonneau cover.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
I just got wheelers leaf springs 5 pack I love the ride!!!! Although I did got a significant lift out of them. I have the stock leafs with 69k on them the are in pretty good shape if your interested in them.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #3

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
I just got wheelers leaf springs 5 pack I love the ride!!!! Although I did got a significant lift out of them. I have the stock leafs with 69k on them the are in pretty good shape if your interested in them.
I would consider it, but I am sure shipping will be expensive and nobody seems to like the stock leafs anyway, which is why I was looking for a better replacement.

If yours are in good shape though and cheap enough, maybe doing those with an Icon progressive AAL would get me what I want...
Old 04-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Wheeler's 5 leaf pack as well and they have served me well, although you can pay more for a "softer" ride with deavers or something.

The 5 pack will add about 1" to stock, along with more because of the currently saggy back... so you might get 2" or so. I would wait and see before adding an AAL.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #5

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
I have the Wheeler's 5 leaf pack as well and they have served me well, although you can pay more for a "softer" ride with deavers or something.

The 5 pack will add about 1" to stock, along with more because of the currently saggy back... so you might get 2" or so. I would wait and see before adding an AAL.
I was only thinking an AAL if I got his stock set off him to get rid of the overload leaf.

I am fine with a little higher than stock, but I didn't want a 3" lift in the rear like the AllPro springs I was looking at are. I like their price better though

Trying to do this as economical as possible, but not so cheaply that I will hate it all and end up doing it over again.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Danjor2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
Danjor2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ARB Dakar leaves and I love them. Rides great!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosh View Post
I would consider it, but I am sure shipping will be expensive and nobody seems to like the stock leafs anyway, which is why I was looking for a better replacement.

If yours are in good shape though and cheap enough, maybe doing those with an Icon progressive AAL would get me what I want...
I don't have an idea how much shipping would cost they are pretty heavy so it might not be worth it. They are in great shape, only reason I swap them cause I got a sweet deal on the wheelers springs from a member.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
strangeland is on a distinguished road
strangeland's Tacoma Gallery
Two leafs in the pack Broke on mine , so i was just riding on the main leaf. i took the cheap route and got dorman 3/1 springs from rock auto for 100 bucks per side. came to $230 total with shipping. they went in really easy and fit perfectly . it sits up nicely ,not sure if its slightly higher.