Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

02 sr5 4x4 Shocks (again)

Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
History is on a distinguished road
History's Tacoma Gallery
02 sr5 4x4 Shocks (again)

Ok I know this has been beat to death so take it easy on me please. I have read several threads and more than likely missed the one answering my question.

I'm an older guy (just turned fifty) , bought this truck as a driver ,running errands and stuff, not for long trips just usually me but an occasional passenger. Truck has 100k on it. I drove it on a trip the other day for 100ish miles and got more intimate with the noises and feel of it. It feels like it needs new shocks and maybe springs ,front looks low (looks to be frowing in the rear) (told you I read threads about this).

Looks like the Bilstein 5100 is what most people are doing. With that said here is what I want and could some one tell me what setup I need to match that please?

I grew up around plenty of rednecks and would have had giant tires on a 4x4 if I could have afforded it, I couldnt so I just always admired so there is a hint of red in me but age has mellowed that out.

I dont want to bounce around alot ,my back hurts. I want a better ride, I wont be doing any off-roading to speak of but who knows. I want it to sit a little higher than stock but not obviously jacked up. Might go with a larger diameter tire than stock but probably wont do a wide tire. I wont be hauling any heavy loads as I have other vehicles for that, just bicycles and such.

Any recomendations on a particular setup??

Remember no flaming . I appreciate any help you can give.. Thanks

Spell this out in simple terms so even an idiot can understand please.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Where you from? And what year tacoma and everything? Pics would help
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 5100s all around and Eibach coils in the front and a ToyTec AAL in the rear. My rear leaf springs were bad, but I didn't have the extra money at the time to buy an entire leaf pack. The AAL has been working fine for me. The new suspension has given me a nicer look as well. I don't recall the overall additional lift, but I do have some additional weight on my truck (brush guard in the front and cap on the back. The overall installation went fairly well. I ended up using the autocraft shop on post, so they had all the tools that I needed.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
History is on a distinguished road
History's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the mountains of North Carolina. (I see you are from NC mtns (Logan) . Im in Alleghany county)

Thanks to you all for reply. I will take a few pictures so you can see what I am working with. I will also give Dan a buzz next week .
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm from Caldwell watauga area