Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

License plate on front tube bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
License plate on front tube bumper

What did you guys do for your front license plate after installing a tube bumper? I have the TG bumper and here in California it's required to have your front plate displayed. Any pictures? Ideas?

I really don't want to use zip ties.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
You could use these clamps. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...1919clamps.php
I used them for my turn signals and my rear license plate. I used the WDG28 and they worked perfect
Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Front windshield
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
Any info on this?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Front windshield
X2. Ive been driving like this for almost 4yrs
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #8

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
You could use these clamps. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...1919clamps.php
I used them for my turn signals and my rear license plate. I used the WDG28 and they worked perfect
This may work, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Just drill ya a few holes & either bolt it on or you can get some self tappers & screw it into place, done...

Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Front windshield
This won't work. Still illegal.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #9

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 661prerunner View Post
X2. Ive been driving like this for almost 4yrs
I've gotten a fix it ticket for that. You must be one of the lucky ones.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Illinois and we have the same license plate policy. I haven't ran a front plate in 8 years. I always figure cops have more to worry about than me not running a front plate.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #11
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
This may work, thanks.

Thanks for the idea.

This won't work. Still illegal.
Why is it still illegal
Old 04-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #12
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got a ticket a few years back for having my tag on the dash. Failure to display front license plate.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #13
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
the problem is with having it on a plate bumper it will get smashed and broken.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #14
exminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tony
exminnesotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Any info on this?
http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-443...productDetails
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #15

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by exminnesotaboy View Post
Awesome thanks!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00002N9ER

I used these for mine. They fit a roller fairlead perfectly. can also clip onto the tube bumper as well. easily removed for wheeling.

And I see Adel clamps have been mentioned. they are great. strong, but I will not use them because I see enough of the f*cking things at work.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I just screwed it in at the top and pulled/bent the license plate forward.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Missed the part that you're running the TG bumper. Could just do something on this line?

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/69A4566A0A0.aspx

Products Discussed in this Thread