Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trans problems what to do rebuild or buy used?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
trans problems what to do rebuild or buy used?

last week my auto trans started to slip in first gear and only in first i have a couple of options should i replace it or should i try to rebuild it? any advice would be great thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

question will an auto trans slip worse in 1st than it would in 4th or is the other way around when they normaly go bad?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Take up to Browns Camp and finish it off, THEN rebuild it!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I would have it looked at soon. It may just be a band. But probaly be cheaper now than to trash it completely. Just my .02.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #5

i think i might just do a rebuild kit on it. plus if i drive like a normal person nice and easy it drives great shifts normal and does not make any noise.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Might just do a drain and fill and add some lucas tranny additive.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #7

quick update i pulled the trans out this weekend and i come to find out that its not the trans i had a broken motor mount that sheard off of the frame and was causing the motor and trans to twist in the motor compartment causing the truck to slip out of gear when i hit the gas. dont worrie all has been welded back together and the truck drives great again