Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I love my 1st Gen.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I love my 1st Gen.

Don't you? I just look outside everyday and love it. looks way cooler than any other truck of it's age. actually of any other truck.
It performs perfectly always.
everything(except the clock) is designed perfectly.
what's your fav part about your first gen?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I don't own a first gen, but I sure do love them. Does that work?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
sure does! you ever had one? ridden in one? driven one? what did you like about it?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite part of my first gen was EVERYTHING.
It was an AWSOME truck.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Is that I never run out of mods!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
GA1044 is on a distinguished road
GA1044's Tacoma Gallery
20-25 mpg better than my 02 2500HD 6.0L
Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I miss the ride, it felt the way I expected a small truck to ride. Oh and of course the reliability was fantatastic
Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
sure does! you ever had one? ridden in one? driven one? what did you like about it?
Almost bought one. Loved the truck. The only reason why I didnt get it (
04 DC 4x4 TRD) was because it was too small for me (6"2 and 260lbs). My 2nd gen is perfect.

Biggest thing I like about the 1st gen is the Manual Transfer case. None of that electric crap!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
My brother 02redtacoma has an 02 and loves it and i rode in it and it rides ROUGH until he got new tires, plus he has 20's on it so it rides soo much differently
heres his video's, the first one has me on the side of the road taping lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HECRFJRtcQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvlao...eature=channel
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #10

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
thats a fair reason. yea lots of mods and i feel like it was built for a person like us. just today i was able to hide ALL of the wires that go to my sub and amp, under the carpet, into the cubby and out by the back seatbelt. stoked!
I also ordered a Cobra 18 WX ST II CB, a 3' firestick and some 9' belden coax cable. the cb is going to fit right in the dash!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv

The 4x4 shift lever! Thanks Tigerfan00 for the pic.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #12

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea it's pretty good, I wish i knew they came with a J shifter, I got the limited from 01 so it has the push button, scares me to use push button sometimes.

should heat the air duct and sink that cb in a little bit.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
The limited 1st gen had push button 4x4? where was the button located?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #14

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea, kinda silly i think, i'll go take a pic. hopefully no one tells you before im back. actually F*ck it, on the side of the 4x4 shifter. still gona take a pic. i'll get a pic of the hidden wires from the sub too!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
I like people asking me how much I've raised it... although it's just sitting stock... stock higher then there raised trucks....
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #16
bpiersma is on a distinguished road

bpiersma's Tacoma Gallery
I sometimes sneak into the garage when my wife is not looking and stand there looking at it. It's so tough, fun, and ready-to-mud-womp just sitting there. It's almost like he's calling me "hey come out and play!"

Notice that my truck is just about the same exact Toyota as yours. They sure are great looking in that color and setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
Don't you? I just look outside everyday and love it. looks way cooler than any other truck of it's age. actually of any other truck.
It performs perfectly always.
everything(except the clock) is designed perfectly.
what's your fav part about your first gen?
Attached Thumbnails
I love my 1st Gen.-01-taco.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #17

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea I love the color and matched flares.
here's the 4wd button

can't actually see much, but they are barely visible at all!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
personally i wouldnt do the cb like that it just looks like it shouldnt be thare and it stick out too far
u should do it like i did mine
Attached Thumbnails
I love my 1st Gen.-100_0409.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #19

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
or like mine, the cobra 18 fits in my dash right under my head unit but fills the space.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:26 AM   #20
jsinnard is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired CPO
jsinnard's Tacoma Gallery
Coming from a 91 Toyota truck, the tacoma interiors are much more comfortable, the dash easier to read, better headlights and a more reliable, stronger V6. The beds on the old trucks were less resistant to corrosion too.