Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need some advice on my shock situation!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Motokid817
Motokid817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shelby Pierson
Motokid817's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Need some advice on my shock situation!

Sooooo the other day I ordered new shocks for my truck. I paid for only two and they sent me 4 rear shocks!!! I haven't been billed for the other two or anything!! Weird! So I was thinking about doing dual shock mounts in the rear! But before I make the final desision I was hoping to hear some other thoughts! So let'r rip ya'll!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
So, for me there are two situations here.

#1 is the moral situation, so I'll let you handle that as you see fit.

#2 is the mechanical situation. I don't know which valving you got for the shocks but bilsteins typically come in a 255/70. That's a pretty stiff valving for even a single shock in the rear. I'd say, unless you have a VERY triangulated shock relocation in the rear or typically carry very very heavy loads, a single bilstein is going to be plenty of rear shock. Two will be too much IMHO.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Id just call them and tell them you only got the rears and not the fronts, Sell the two rear shocks.

Moral says you should return the two and get your fronts ha, if you tell them what happened truthfully they might just let you keep the rears instead of dealing with a return.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Call the company and tell them what happened.

Don't try to do custom dual rear shocks.

^^

Do that

^

Yeah, good idea . . .
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The right thing to do would be to return the extras.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Id call and send them back for fronts. So you can have new shocks all the way around.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Id call and send them back for fronts. So you can have new shocks all the way around.
This is the correct answer.