1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD upgrades for 4cyl PreRunner

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Yotajoe01, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Feb 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    Yotajoe01

Yotajoe01 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Offroad
    stock
    I'm looking for TRD performance upgrades I can make on my PreRunner. I'm only interested in bolt on or minor modifications. At the moment my truck is pretty stock. My goal is to Increased power and get better fuel economy. I'd like to start with a new intake then maybe a chip or programmer. I've wanted to make these changes for quite some time but haven't found much out there that's impressed me. I know there has to be a way to get more power out of my 4cyl and still keep it stock value and appearance. What are my options?

2. Feb 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    Yotajoe01

Yotajoe01 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Offroad
    stock
    wow i thought this post would at least get a few responses. Oh well. I would settle for a few good links :(

3. Feb 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I think there are lots of threads on this might be the reason & people want you to search. That's my guess but..........................to just answer your question, TRD is pretty much just shocks & stickers from what I've seen for 2wd which is prerunner. 4wd TRD includes locking rear end & a coupla other things IIRC. Get the int wiper stalk to upgrade your base model. One of the best things I've done so far. There's a metra ipod/mp3 adapter that plugs into the back of the factory single disc player. Free hose clamp tailgate theft deterrant mod as well as 40.00 popnlock that locks the tailgate latch. All weather floor mats. Vent shades. All kinda cool stuff to make it what you want it to be. Search on cheap free mods, there's a big list in that thread. It's your canvas, paint it up how you see fit.

edit - oops, just noticed you're 1st gen but the cheap mod thread has both gen mods in it.

4. Feb 26, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I didnt see this thread. :(

For the H.p., get a supercharger from Alpine
    http://www.alpine-developments.com/Toyota%202.7%20Super.htm

You will have more power than the 3.4 V6. Much more.
    Get an OME suspension, Total Chaos UCA's, an AAL for the rear, and a locker of your choice. You will then be set up better than the TRD trucks. :)

5. Feb 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    Yotajoe01

Yotajoe01 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Offroad
    stock
    my truck is a TRD. It's a PreRunner. I have the shocks and stickers, I just thought there may be a way to get a little more power out of it. The supercharger looks like my best option so far. 50% more power would be all I need!

Products Discussed in

To Top