Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

sliders on a prerunner

Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
sliders on a prerunner

ok i ordered my toytec 3" lift and bili 5100s for the front.......i know its a prerunner and i dont do much offroading but i like the look of sliders, would you put sliders on a prerunner DC??
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
sure
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Definately bro, do what you want. Its your truck.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan to wheel it, at all, sliders are always a good decision.

Skid plates are too.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
well not rele planning on wheeling all that much in this truck....but i like the way they look
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Me too, IMO they look better than any of the other nerf bars & will serve the purpose of the step rail too. The only step rails I'd even think about are the black oval tube ones but still don't look as good as sliders do, of course that's just my opinion. But what they said, your truck, do it up how you want it to be........
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
well not rele planning on wheeling all that much in this truck....but i like the way they look
Well, it only takes one fraction of one second on one trip to do damage. I have a large dent in my driver's door from driving over a tree branch no more than a few inches in diameter. It rolled/rotated while under my tire and one of it's other branches snuck it's way thru my sliders and into my door and rocker panel. I had to beat the rocker panel down with a hammer so I could get the door closed again. This was on an access trail (mostly gravel) at a speed of about 5mph. I saw it, but didn't even think twice about driving over it. And, like I said, it came thru the sliders...who knows what kind of damage that thing could have done if I didn't have any sliders.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Me too, IMO they look better than any of the other nerf bars & will serve the purpose of the step rail too. The only step rails I'd even think about are the black oval tube ones but still don't look as good as sliders do, of course that's just my opinion. But what they said, your truck, do it up how you want it to be........
Yep!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about getting sliders as well, To protect my rocker panels from rocks and dings. I Like the N-Fab ones that have a step as well, But I dont really need a step being 6'3".
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Well, it only takes one fraction of one second on one trip to do damage. I have a large dent in my driver's door from driving over a tree branch no more than a few inches in diameter. It rolled/rotated while under my tire and one of it's other branches snuck it's way thru my sliders and into my door and rocker panel. I had to beat the rocker panel down with a hammer so I could get the door closed again. This was on an access trail (mostly gravel) at a speed of about 5mph. I saw it, but didn't even think twice about driving over it. And, like I said, it came thru the sliders...who knows what kind of damage that thing could have done if I didn't have any sliders.
agree 100%. it does take only a fraction of a second then KAHBLAMO...it's done and over haha!! here's my rocker panel damage before i installed my sliders and this happend when my taco was only 2 weeks old. i had to use a short piece of a 2X4 and a hammer to pound some of the damage out so that my rear passenger door open properly....
Old 02-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
Banned
^ ain't nuthin' sexier than a new truck with trail damage.

Rock on.

Are those Demello rock-crushers?

Edit:Sorry for the thread jack, I just like posting pics...

This was my first trail damage...just over 1 year old...met a tree trying to follow some jeeps thru the woods
Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely! Buy you a nice set of sliders and you won't look back! They also double as a nice step too.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
^ ain't nuthin' sexier than a new truck with trail damage.

Rock on.

Are those Demello rock-crushers?
why yes they are..and in the bolt-on flavor too!!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
hell yeah put them on! lc engineering has them for cheap! there just hard to find on there website. lcengineering.com i would get them powder coated! i really like white coating or you can DIY bed liner them that always looks good too!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #16

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I thought about getting sliders as well, To protect my rocker panels from rocks and dings. I Like the N-Fab ones that have a step as well, But I dont really need a step being 6'3".

i feel ya im 6'3 too....i dont think i have every used them
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
hell yeah put them on! lc engineering has them for cheap! there just hard to find on there website. lcengineering.com i would get them powder coated! i really like white coating or you can DIY bed liner them that always looks good too!
IMHO, it's a waste to PC any armor (sans the front bumper...for bug guts and stuff) b/c there is no coating strong enough to withstand being smashed between steel and a rock. Paint is the cheapest and easiest way to repair armor damage. Sure you can spray or roll-on more bedliner when you scratch/scrape them, but at some point, bedliner build-up is gonna get pretty thick and gnarly looking...not to mention expensive. And you don't want PC on sliders...once it chips, there is no stopping it. And if you hit a rock, it will chip. And you won't want to re-PC your sliders for just a few chips, so you paint the holes and it starts to look like a bad paint job that didn't get prepped properly that doesn't even match in color.

rattle-can is armor's best friend. Fast, easy, cheap. (my 2 cents)
Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #18

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input guys....now i just gotta find a good set...i thought about getting them sprayed down with herculiner so they would match my bed and my rear bumper im getting rede to do in the same stuff
Old 02-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #19
Power Top

honestly if you are considering sliders, check out Revenge-Fab out of Oregon. they were my first choice anyways. only reason why i got my Demello's in the frist place was the fact i needed them that same day. Revenge-Fab makes some really good sliders, the price is insane...$180.00 for a doublecab, the welds are top notch! the order can be filled withing a couple of days and they can actually make them special to exactly what you need/like. give them a call and ask for Derek, tell him that MonkeyProof sent you and i bet he'll give you a discount or something...
http://www.revenge-fab.com/sliders.html
Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #20

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
honestly if you are considering sliders, check out Revenge-Fab out of Oregon. they were my first choice anyways. only reason why i got my Demello's in the frist place was the fact i needed them that same day. Revenge-Fab makes some really good sliders, the price is insane...$180.00 for a doublecab, the welds are top notch! the order can be filled withing a couple of days and they can actually make them special to exactly what you need/like. give them a call and ask for Derek, tell him that MonkeyProof sent you and i bet he'll give you a discount or something...
http://www.revenge-fab.com/sliders.html

very nice thanks for the link