Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deciding what lift to get HELP!!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #21
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA, SAF
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
In addition to the advice you've received here, OP, recommend you spend some time in the Suspension forum. There's lots of good info there, but specific threads on which you should focus include the Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide and Suspension Lift Info stickies.

FWIW, I'm very happy with the Wheeler's 5-leaf, OME 881, and Bilstein 5100 combo I'm running. IIRC, total cost was ~$1K and it lifted the truck ~2". All of the photos in my Gallery are post-lift install. (Note that I'm still running the 265/70R16 tires I had before the lift was installed. I plan to upsize, probably to the previously recommended 265/75R16s, when these tires are spent.)
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrev7 View Post
Yea.... I'm going to have to pay someone to do the labor... Which will suck.
If you have a decent toolbox, 2 sets of jackstands, a solid floor jack, amongst a few other things you can pull this off so long as you get the new front struts pre-assembled. Take you the whole weekend tops if you're methodical and don't break anything.