Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deciding what lift to get HELP!!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Gtrev7 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
Deciding what lift to get HELP!!

I talked to a couple people and they said that getting it leveled wouldn't look much different at all. I would like it to sit a little higher than it is currently sitting at. I also don't want to have to get bigger tires. I guess what I'm asking is, what lift should I get that would look noticeably different without it having looking too high where I would need bigger tires. The people I talked to said 2 inches would be fine, but I want some more input. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
First off, how much money are you willing to spend?
This

And what do you plan on doing with your truck
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
I do a lot of hunting and camping when I have time off if that's what you mean, as far as mods, I'm really not sure yet. I was thinking something under 800 if that sounds reasonable? I'm not even sure as to how much a typical lift costs. I'm also in the market for a shell.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty level now? Mine is stock and the back only sits a half inch higher. You can also fit 265/75/16 tires on there if you wanted to. That would raise up some.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Looks pretty level now? Mine is stock and the back only sits a half inch higher. You can also fit 265/75/16 tires on there if you wanted to. That would raise up some.
Do you think that would be cheaper than getting it lifted? I feel like the tires are already decently big compared to the stock tires the tacoma comes with.. I could be wrong.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
What size are they. Should be 265/70/16's. To lift it your gonna be at the top of your budget. Assuming you go AAL in rear. If the stock springs are not in to bad of shape. Mine are flat now and probally need replacing and when they do im gonna lift mine.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
What size are they. Should be 265/70/16's. To lift it your gonna be at the top of your budget. Assuming you go AAL in rear. If the stock springs are not in to bad of shape. Mine are flat now and probally need replacing and when they do im gonna lift mine.
What size tires do you recommend?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift for around $1,000, then upgrade the tires to 275's when your old ones wear out. Taco rear springs are garbage anyway, and if you're going to add the weight of a cap plus whatever you haul you'll want some sturdier springs. The 275's will help you get into the woods to go hunting.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
OME lift for around $1,000, then upgrade the tires to 275's when your old ones wear out. Taco rear springs are garbage anyway, and if you're going to add the weight of a cap plus whatever you haul you'll want some sturdier springs. The 275's will help you get into the woods to go hunting.
Thanks for the info. Will take into consideration.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #11

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
The 265/75/16 is one size taller, lift you up about 1 1/2in. The 275/70/16 is 10mm wider and about a 1/2 taller. Either tire will work w/factory suspension. Not very many tires to choose from in 275 though.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
This is my truck with a 3" lift with stock tires. (to give you a idea) but if your not planning on going off roading you wont need a 3" suspension lift.

maybe you can do a 1" body lift?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post

maybe you can do a 1" body lift?
Never, ever, ever consider a body lift. Do it right or not at all.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #14
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
I would do bilstein 5100's 2.5" in the front and get a 2" AAL in the rear.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
I would do bilstein 5100's 2.5" in the front and get a 2" AAL in the rear.
A pretty solid budget conscious way to get lift. Still gotta deal with those crappy rear leafs.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
Well I would have suggested the OME leaf packs but that wouldn't be in the budget especially with install if you weren't going to do the work yourself.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Well I would have suggested the OME leaf packs but that wouldn't be in the budget especially with install if you weren't going to do the work yourself.
I hear you. Been a great way for me to learn over the years, because labor is almost never in my budget
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Yeah same here thank god I live in a town where a few of my buddies have lifts that I can use and get some help
Old 04-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Yeah same here thank god I live in a town where a few of my buddies have lifts that I can use and get some help
I wish I had a friend with a lift. I had to do everything on my 95 "creatively". Cinder blocks are priceless.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
Law Enforcement:
Gtrev7's Tacoma Gallery
Yea.... I'm going to have to pay someone to do the labor... Which will suck.