Notices

Easy Lift Question Please!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Easy Lift Question Please!

Ohk guys i know there is 10000 threads about lift on here, but someone please give me some advice. i have a 97 Tacomaxtracab 5speed running 31X10 Duratracs on craigers. What wold be a fairly simple Lift, about 3 inches is what i am looking for. cmon guys you are smarter then me! looking to spend 400-600$ on this

Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
You should just do bilstein 5100's front and rear with an AAL in the rear and add eibach springs for the front struts...should be right in your price range.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Eibachs, 5100 set at 0, 5100 rears, and a progressive aal
Old 04-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
its funny how you said you know there are a ton of threads about this subject, yet failed to look at a single one of them
Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes it is a bit difficult when you have specific information that your looking for and there isn't just one thread for it. Sometimes it is just easier to post a new thread with all the questions and concerns you have....
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
I know this a little off topic but I am wondering how to even start a new thread from the home page. I do not see any link or button in my Safari browser. Tia
Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejjj View Post
I know this a little off topic but I am wondering how to even start a new thread from the home page. I do not see any link or button in my Safari browser. Tia
Just click on the 'New Thread' button at the top of each sub-forum.
So easy, even someone from Florida can do it.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Just click on the 'New Thread' button at the top of each sub-forum.
So easy, even someone from Florida can do it.
Thanks, I knew that but to clarify, Start a new discussion topic. Which I suppose is limited to moderators here on this site.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #9

EMS:
" I failed to look at a single one" Actually i did, sorry there wasnt a thread about a first gen on 31x10 craigers and duratracs, i am basing a 600$ investing on what i learn from here i wanted specific model advice. But on a good note thanks everyone else! VERY appreciative !!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
" I failed to look at a single one" Actually i did, sorry there wasnt a thread about a first gen on 31x10 craigers and duratracs, i am basing a 600$ investing on what i learn from here i wanted specific model advice. But on a good note thanks everyone else! VERY appreciative !!
As with all the other thousands of threads, you really didn't need model specific advice. You basically have a First Gen 4X4 that you want to lift about 3 inches. That is all that is needed. Specific model, wheels, and tires have nothing to do with the lift, as you never mentioned if you were lifting to prevent rubbing, etc. Lifts for the First Gen tacos fit about 99 percent of all First Gen Tacos. If you have read all the threads, then you should have seen the same advice in nearly all the threads. The main thing that would vary would be if you have an aftermarket bumper and winch and would need stiffer springs to counteract its weight.

Don't get me wrong, it is easier to ask, but this topic has been thoroughly covered.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #11

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs127s View Post
As with all the other thousands of threads, you really didn't need model specific advice. You basically have a First Gen 4X4 that you want to lift about 3 inches. That is all that is needed. Specific model, wheels, and tires have nothing to do with the lift, as you never mentioned if you were lifting to prevent rubbing, etc. Lifts for the First Gen tacos fit about 99 percent of all First Gen Tacos. If you have read all the threads, then you should have seen the same advice in nearly all the threads. The main thing that would vary would be if you have an aftermarket bumper and winch and would need stiffer springs to counteract its weight.

Don't get me wrong, it is easier to ask, but this topic has been thoroughly covered.
ok ok ill give that to ya, i do have a ARB Bull Bar on the front, and a trailgear tube bumper on the rear. it does rub just a little turning left so i would like to get rid of that also
Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
jacob.johns.jj is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: jacob
jacob.johns.jj's Tacoma Gallery
cheep lift

http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/ great guys and CHEAP CHEAP lifts!!!!