Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best seat covers for the price?

Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Best seat covers for the price?

I'm looking to get a couple seat covers but there are so many brands and types... does anyone have experience with or suggestions on a good seat cover?

I don't need anything super fancy, my truck IS NOT fancy, but I would like durable and a nice fit... for a reasonable price. hellllllp
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
I went through Marathon Seat Covers for my 2005 and they fit like a glove. I have used them in a couple other vehicles and give them an AAAAA+++++.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up some wet okeles on the group buy. I was skeptical, but once they arrived and I installed, I feel in love. Fit great, and look amazing. Got multiple compliments on them already.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input, looking into it now...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, go WO's if you're gonna do seat covers. Will worth the small premium.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the install-picture thread from the last group buy.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...-pictures.html
Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Me, myself and I are gonna give these a go, until I can order the WO's I want.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120985685453?...84.m1423.l2649

Airbag safe, custom fit, add a TRD logo for $30. Wish I could tell you how they are, but only gonna find out whenever they arrive. I'll give ya an update once I get em if you haven't pulled the trigger.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
"We have assumed control"
beachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matti
beachingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
wet okeles, fit like a glove, water proof and smoooooth on the bottom!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #9

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, the Marathons are $256 out the door and WOs are $269 out the door. I'll definitely wait until there's a coupon code or group buy for these guys.

JT, let me know how they turn out, I'd be interested in those.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Will do bro, he said he custom makes them after you order them as well so takes a while. but if they fit nice and have TRD on it I believe these things can go like hotcakes for $150 shipping included (-$30 bucks if no custom logo added)

Edit: Forgot to mention that they will throw the regular toy emblem on for free'sies!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #11

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you get 'em soon, I'll go that route for $120 (don't need logo) if they're good.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
http://stores.ebay.ca/topcar-athens-...sid=1004944958

More options from the same seller...all look custom fit. But I will let ya know.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
They were on vacation or something for a week, told them to send me a picture as soon as they are completed. Believe they are coming from Greece so might take a bit longer after that.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #14

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dang
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
Ah man... you gonna be making some covers as well? Been following your center console thread for a while, liking the progress! Anxious to see your covers! If you can keep the price down so people will have an affordable option to Wet Okeole's then they should sell like hot cakes! Specially if there is a TRD on them
Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Those Greek covers might be OK in a reg cab where no one sees the back of them but in anything else, nah. Not a fan of just covering the front of the seat like that and looks cheesy how it goes over the headrest where it's open on the sides. That doesn't = custom fit to me. They could be cooler if they'd just cover the whole back of the seat and leave a split for the airbag and no cheap out on covering the whole headrest. Then they might be worth the money. IMO, nothin beats the WO's for custom fit, comfort & options for colors, emblems, heaters & pouches on the backs etc etc etc. You get what you pay for and WO's are made in USA (HI), sorry that beats Greece all to hell. Have had mine for 4 yrs now and not one issue. They look and fit like new still and my seats are still fresh and new as the day I put these on. Are those Greek ones waterproof to protect what's underneath or just a cover up for what has already happened to the seats? Real easy to say the WO's are too pricey until you consider what you are getting and how high quality custom fit durable cool looking they really are.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
Never mentionned nothing compared to wet okeole's and those. (Affordable = cheaper) Wet okeole's are the bomb but not everyone can afford $500. For myself this is only temporary until i can recover from my new tires and lift and get in on next years group buy. But fyi, i bought black center with light grey outer so if the grey is on you wont even know that it doest cover the back seat. Hell a few of those stains im proud of. But as of right now i work at a mine and everyday my interior gets dirtier. Anyway, we will see how they fit once I get them. Also wanted to point out that my back seat covers are currently a dog hammock lol. So when I do get those WO's they will definetely be worth the moolah.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Paid about 386 for the complete access cab set from a GB and fully understand the affordability. But they are so good I'd buy them one at a time for fronts and buy the rear later if need be. I sold my AC rears for 120 shipped after using them a couple of years when getting the reg cab. They hold up that good. But yeah, lots of things are better than nothing trying to keep the seats in decent shape. I just woulda went with front TRD's from FS section for same or less than those other ones until being able to score the WOs but hey everyone has their own deal. Do post back up pics and stuff. Am interested in seeing them.....
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
Aren't the front TRD ones only good up to the 2008 because of the side airbags?