LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AllPro 3" Leafs + Billies

Old 04-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro 3" Leafs + Billies. Should I buy them?

I was looking for some rear leafs for my 03 DC Prerunner to replace my stock ones (worn out) and found a guy selling a "standard" All Pro leaf kit: https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504ta...suspensionkits

He says they only have about 10k miles on them. Anyone else run this kit? If so, what do you think? Also, is it a great deal for $240? I am trying to justify the cost to the wife and if it is a killer deal I will push harder to get them.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
$240 isn't a terrible deal for these. I am running the same leafs with billies and love the ride. I don't do a whole lot of wheeling though so experience there.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running this exact set up. So far I like it. The only thing is that my leaf pack now squeaks. I guess I was supposed to lube where the bolts go through. I would say its a pretty good deal. I paid around $300+shipping for mine new.

What's the reason for him selling? It sucks buying used things cause we really don't know how they were used and how long.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #4

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
He is wanting to put a LT kit on his truck. Judging by the look of his truck, they didn't see much abuse because the truck looks really clean. I am always hesitant buying used though. Just trying to cover my bases.

Also, do they really give the 3" advertised lift or do they settle to a little less? They are going to go on a Double Cab if that would matter. Also, how does this look with stock sized tires (for now)? I don't want them to make my tires look way to small for the wheel wheels.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I have a double and they did give me a small rake when I first got them. And over time they did settle.

Here is my truck with the All Pro's and 285/70/16 tires

Here is my truck with a 2" add a leaf in the rear with stock sized tires.

You can see the rear lifted up a little with the allpro's. I personally didn't like the stock size tires with a lift. Do you have a lift already? (In front)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #6

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the original owner put spacers on top of the coil assy and I think it is equivalent to a 2" lift in front. I plan to go bigger tires eventually, but my current ones have a lot of life left and I feel bad wasting them.

I think I might just pass on the springs for now. I will need to buy stock length shackles too and it is all starting to add up cost wise. I think I might just save up my money, do some more research, and get exactly what I need. I think 3" is more lift than I really want anyway.