Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looks like I have mice..

Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I have mice..

After my truck sat in the garage all weekend without being driven (I was painting the wheels), I got in it on Tuesday and when I turned on the fan to run the defroster, the blower motor sounded really rough shot a bunch of insulation and shit out of the vents. Well when I got home I took the motor out to find this:

A huge ass mouse nest taking up over half of the fan.

And those bastards used the insulation from under my hood!

Didn't see the mice, guess I gotta find a way to kill all the mice in the garage..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
They are some resourceful little guys. Sucks to hear abut the mice problem though.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
that didn't happen overnight, how long has the truck been parked in the garage???

either that, or they worked in shifts whenever it was parked in the garage....

funny as sheeeeiiit though, they are resourceful leeeeetle basterds...
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post

Didn't see the mice, guess I gotta find a way to kill all the mice in the garage..
If you have an electrical outlet in your garage you can just get one of those plug-in rodent deterrent devices.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Loggerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: Seán
Loggerhead's Tacoma Gallery
The little bastards! Looks like it's time to set out some dcon.

Make them pay!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Adventure Driver
Questor is on a distinguished road

Questor's Tacoma Gallery
Mothballs will keep the mice out of the airbox and stuff like that.
It's so much easier than stuffing a cat into the engine bay...
Q~
Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
The little bastards! Looks like it's time to set out some dcon.

Make them pay!
I'd probably live trap them...
or use another deterrent.

sucks when mice die from poison and rot inside yer junk...

stinky
Old 05-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
cowboy50 is on a distinguished road
cowboy50's Tacoma Gallery
nest in the fan

Bought a 92 off a guy over the internet, cherry 60k on it clean as a pen. Went to test drive it and it was cool that night so didn't think about the A/C. Paid the guy had it about a week started using the fan. On low and med it would work great, turn it up on high it sounded like it was coming out of the dash.Pulled the fan out and it was just like yours, packed full of insulation and shredded paper. Then I remembered ole boy tellin me it belonged to an old man and had been sitting in his garage for a long time. bastards