Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water leak

Old 05-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Water leak

Anybody with a first gen ever experience water leaking on the front passenger side bottom wall closest to the door? It's not totally soaked but when it rains a few drops seems to come in by the wall near the floor of the passenger side. It has been raining a few days and I took the truck to work and noticed that my floor mat was collecting water. Wondering where I should start checking. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
There is a TSB on this. IIRC there was a bad sealing job around the lower firewall on the pass side. The fix was just a bead of sealer on the joint. Sorry but I don't remember the exact spot.

You mentioned "when it rains" so AC condensate issues should be discounted.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yup I just found the TSB. I'm going to try and tackle this one and put sealant where it needs to be.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same problem for a while now. Flushed the ac drain, thought it might be the windshield seal. Where can I find the TSBs?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #5

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...-9704-Leak.pdf

Here you go buddy.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks much ponethousand.