Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD

Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #21
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
Wheels look great on your truck!! I like your shoes too!!!
thanks! tires have been great, they're Treadwright Wardens on BFG casings (load d)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
That is why I love the second generation off road tires they look good but powered coat those and then they will be awesome
I might PC then dark bronze, but thats s*#t is expensive! so maybe just paint them myself eventually
Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
they will fit on trucks with locking hubs too. my OEM Rims are on my dad's 92 4x4.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #23
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
fj trd wheels on my 99.
toyota recommends these wheels on an fj or 2nd gen taco with 265/75r16 tires.
the wheels fit great with that size tire on my 99, but i have a 2" lift.

if you don't have a lift, the 265/70r16 tires should fit. i know they came stock on the 01-04 tacos.

my 03 with fjs and my neighbor's 03 with 2nd gen wheels
Old 06-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
^that looks great!
thanx. i originally wanted to paint my stock 15"s black, but i couldn't find a decent tire with the right dimensions. then i saw these wheels on an fj that rolled into the shop i work at and fell in love.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
phoenix ray is on a distinguished road

Name: ray
phoenix ray's Tacoma Gallery
Got 265/70 17's on TRD Sport rims with Spidertrax 1.25" spacers to prevent UCA rub
Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #27
99TacoNC
raginmd is on a distinguished road

raginmd's Tacoma Gallery
@Phoenix. How do you like the spidertrax? I bought the sport wheels for my 99 prerunner but I'm worried that they'll stick out further than I'd like with the spacers. I'd like to run the same tire size you have but can you post a pic or tell me about how far they stick out?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
phoenix ray is on a distinguished road

Name: ray
phoenix ray's Tacoma Gallery
Edge of tire matches up with fender flares. Spidertrax up front. AllPro in back. All good. No rub. Forgot to mention 2.5" Bilstein 5100 lift.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD-image.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #29
99TacoNC

raginmd's Tacoma Gallery
Cool I'm actually going to be running the same lift until I can afford the eibach coils. Now I just have to find a set of fender flares (damn near impossible to find for cheap).
Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Yota4Ever is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
Yota4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
My First gen on 285's and 2nd gen wheels

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater
Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
99TacoNC

raginmd's Tacoma Gallery
do you think the BORA .75" spacers would give enough room to avoid rubbing the uca? I'm looking at getting 265/70's but I don't have the flares yet so I don't want the tires sticking out too far. Wouldn't worry about it but the trucks in the shop getting some fresh paint now and I don't want any rocks kicking up and scratching it just yet
Old 06-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #32

I have 265/70's on my truck at the moment and they stick out like half an inch and dont rub at all so i wouldnt worry about it being to wide but im going to be running 1in spacers and this is how far my tires will stick out
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #33
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raginmd View Post
do you think the BORA .75" spacers would give enough room to avoid rubbing the uca? I'm looking at getting 265/70's but I don't have the flares yet so I don't want the tires sticking out too far. Wouldn't worry about it but the trucks in the shop getting some fresh paint now and I don't want any rocks kicking up and scratching it just yet
why not? a little extra wheelbase never hurt anybody

the aggressive stance really ties these trucks together. and it corners a little better as well. but to each his own
Old 06-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
why not? a little extra wheelbase never hurt anybody

the aggressive stance really ties these trucks together. and it corners a little better as well. but to each his own
I totally agree stance looks raw on Taco's
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #35
99TacoNC

raginmd's Tacoma Gallery
Yota4Ever thanks for the pic that's what I needed to see. After looking through some reviews on the BORA's I think I'll contact them tomorrow and see if the .75's would work with my trd sport wheels. If not I could definitely get used to a stance like yours until I can afford the fenders
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Yota4Ever thanks for the pic that's what I needed to see. After looking through some reviews on the BORA's I think I'll contact them tomorrow and see if the .75's would work with my trd sport wheels. If not I could definitely get used to a stance like yours until I can afford the fenders
Anytime dude hmu if you have any other questions
Old 06-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #37
michaelw.grey will become famous soon enough

EMS: EMT
Name: mike
michaelw.grey's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS GOOD
Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #38
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TRD sport wheels have a 5.5" BS, if you add .75" spacers you are essentially changing the BS to 4.75" which is still .25" more BS than you current stock rims.. ultimately, your tires will stick out less than if you put the same tires on your stock rims. idk if you will have any clearance issue w/ your UCA but I def would not be concerned about the tires sticking out too far.

FWIW there is a BORA Group Buy gaining momentum on this site! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...p-buy-2-a.html
Old 06-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #39
Trail Leader
Snorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnorkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Snorks
Snorkie's Tacoma Gallery
I have manual hubs
265/70-17's
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #40
99TacoNC

raginmd's Tacoma Gallery
@tipicotaco thanks for the link to the group buy! sorry for thread jacking but I had a chance to trade for the 5 split spoke sequoia wheels today and I took the plunge. They are still 17x7.5 but they have a +15 offset. This is no doubt another noob backspacing question but with this offset what size spacer would I need to avoid uca rub for my 99 prerunner? I've seen some guys running them with 265/70's without spacers but I want to keep it as safe as possible. I'm fairly new to TW but everyone here has been a huge help so far and I appreciate it!