Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD

Old 05-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
ThatSAABGuy is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
ThatSAABGuy's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD

I've searched and seemed to have found part of the answer, It seems that the 2nd Gen wheels will fit as long as you don't have locking hubs. Does anyone have experience with the swap and what size tire for near stock suspension with front mud flaps and no spacers? I want to go to 16 in wheels and my market area is flooded with 2nd Gen wheels, I don't want aftermarket wheels and the Fourunner and 1st Gen Tacoma 16 in wheels are a little boring. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
cowboy50 is on a distinguished road
cowboy50's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought 16's from a guy on here. He took them off to go back to stock, it was a newer model, can't remember how new. Anyway I took 15's off put these on with 265/75's which is what everyone on here says is the biggest you can go without any suspension or body lift. If you have a lift at all then you could probably go to 285's. I just got a 4banger and 200K on my truck so I don't want to overload it much. It is my daily driver and I would be thumbing if it broke down.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
check out my pics and build im a 1st gen with 2nd gen trd wheels. they look great and fit perfectly
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
members BigOly and Snoope are both running 2nd gen OR 16" rims and they look great, but because of the BS do require wheel spacers to clear the UCAs. I bought a set of the same wheels off of CL and will install them in about a month when I get back from my honeymoon I plan on running 1-1.25" spacers (Bora or Spidertrax) and 265/75 rubber.

heres a photoshop!

i plan on powdercoating them dark bronze like the Konigs also
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
There's already a thread on this will all the answers to your question

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...g-concern.html
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
ThatSAABGuy is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
ThatSAABGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I made the move, tire size is 265/70/16 and I'm way happy!
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD-tacoma.jpg  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Appreciate this post! I am getting ready to pick up the exact same wheels and already have 265/70/16's on my current stock wheels, just wasn't sure if spacer's were needed for the 70's series tires.
Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian05 View Post
Appreciate this post! I am getting ready to pick up the exact same wheels and already have 265/70/16's on my current stock wheels, just wasn't sure if spacer's were needed for the 70's series tires.
Thanks!
Nice! Get us a pic of that bad boy once you gets its shoes refitted!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSAABGuy View Post
I made the move, tire size is 265/70/16 and I'm way happy!
Looks great! So clean!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same ones, they rub the frame at full turn, but that's not that often.
I love the way they look!
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD-dscn1906.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
BFG 265/70/16
Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I like these wheels and am having great luck with the tires also; Grabber AT2's LT 265/75/16 with Bora .75" spacers on the front only...
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD-photo-2-2-.jpg   2nd Gen wheels on a 1st Gen TRD-photo-1-2-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine. They rubbed the frame (but not the UCA) at full lock. 3/4" BORA spacers took care of that. I, personally, love the look. 3" Toytec/Eibach lift.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #16

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post
Here's mine. They rubbed the frame (but not the UCA) at full lock. 3/4" BORA spacers took care of that. I, personally, love the look. 3" Toytec/Eibach lift.
I agree! They look great on your rig! Good job!!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #19

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
got them on yesterday!!

Wheels look great on your truck!! I like your shoes too!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
That is why I love the second generation off road tires they look good but powered coat those and then they will be awesome