1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spacers on top of 2.5 Sway Away Coilovers?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 01tacorunner, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    01tacorunner

01tacorunner [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey everyone I have a question to whom ever can possibly awnser it. I want to get maximum lift in the front of my 2001 tacoma and was wondering if I could put a spacer between the shock and the top plate so I can have the softness of an uncompressed coil but the height of a compressed coil. Would it be safe to get longer bolts to reach though the spacer and safely thread into the shock? Everyone says that to get the 3'' lift you have to totally compress the coil but it rides like crap when you do that so this would give me a soft ride but also the 3'' lift that I need. Any help would be awesome, thanks everyone.

2. May 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I wouldn't do it you might get a softer ride but your up travel would be limited and you can damage you shock if you drive it hard.

3. May 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    06yfz450ridr

06yfz450ridr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    CT
    HID's
    they actually make kits that add a spacer between the coil and top plate then you add the second above the top plate. but i just got a 3 inch spacer for my fronts and they are to long to even fit back in now. even with the sway bar disconnected i cant get them to spread enough to fit in. might need new ucas? so you might run into that problem as well.

4. May 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    Mike330R

Mike330R Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far West Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    '16 DC Offroad w/ stuff
    I'd also like to add a spacer to the top of my Kings. There has to be a safe solution to get the same height but a softer ride.

Products Discussed in

To Top