LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'm officially in the Taco Turd club! (and wheel question)

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Loppy is on a distinguished road

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm officially in the Taco Turd club! (and wheel question)

Well, fellers, its been awhile. After an '86 xcab, FJ80, LX450 and an '11 Rock Warrior (so glad I'm rid of that PIG), I finally found what I think is pretty much the perfect truck (for me). I've been looking for way too long, and paid way too much, but I finally found it.

Picked up this little 02 and I'm already going nuts reading up on it. 5100's, Ebach's etc... will be ordered by Friday. So, So happy to finally be here!!!

So, stupid wheel question. I have an '02 Sequoia (wife's old grocery getter) that I need rid of. however I JUST put new aftermarket wheels on it. The tires on the TRD are chinese garbage. I want to swap. I know the aftermarket wheels will fit on the Taco no problem. Does anyone know if the Taco wheels will clear and index on the Sequoia? I searched and didnt see where it went "that way" (all I could find was Sequoia to Taco, not the other way).

Thanks boys
Attached Thumbnails
I'm officially in the Taco Turd club!  (and wheel question)-day-1.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about your fitment question, but the truck looks GREAT. Very nice find and welcome to Tacoma World. Also what was it about the 11' Rock Warrior that you didn't like? I've been toying around with the idea of picking one up.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
try to swap one. are they the same size wheel? diameter wise? if so theres one question answered, next is the BS if they dont try some wheel spacers.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #4

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Yami dave. The 11 Rock Warrior was... a BEAST. I had TRD dual exhaust, sway bar and CAI and it was a freak'n hot rod. Loved it. Mine was a crewmax, so roomy, great for road trips etc. But I found I wasn't towing much anymore (my old boat is pretty light, other than a dirtbike trailer, I really dont need a tow rig). And where I work, run around picking up kids etc... parking spaces seem to be shrinking in my old age... It has the turning radius of the space shuttle and even with the BU Cam, was a total PITA to park etc. And then there's the fuel... Dude, the 5.7 Tundra never passed a gas station. I have an 8 mile commute and was damn near filling up once a week. Crazy stupid HORRIBLE fuel mileage.

Bottom line, I loved the truck. It was a beast, could tow anything and laugh, raced Mustangs and ricers for fun, roomy. Awesome truck. Just WAAAAYYY too much truck for me. More than I needed. I've always wanted a Taco and now that I have one, its just freak'n perfect for me.

If you want a badass truck that gets comments and looks, can hot rod around yet tow anything, is super big and comfy and you have stock in Exxon Mobile, its the truck for you!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Are the seqouia wheels 16". Im gonna imagine there will be a brake issue. The tacoma probaly has alot smaller brakes. Get the jacks out and see.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Well then you've said enough lol. That's what I was worried about was the 5.7 liter eating up my wallet. I'm happy with my Tacoma, and the best part is its paid off and it still runs and looks great. Once again, welcome to the Tacoma club.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #7

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Are the seqouia wheels 16". Im gonna imagine there will be a brake issue. The tacoma probaly has alot smaller brakes. Get the jacks out and see.
Yes. The sequoia wheels are 16" it's a first gen. And yes clearing brakes is my concern. However, 1st gen sequoias are notorious for eating brakes, I know this first hand. Can hardly get 10,000 miles wo replacing pads. Way too small for that pig. So I'm hoping they're the same caliper and get lucky. I'll know Friday. Ended up in ER today for my daughter and have baseball tomorrow. Ugh. All I want to do is get to work on this baby!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #8

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Well then you've said enough lol. That's what I was worried about was the 5.7 liter eating up my wallet. I'm happy with my Tacoma, and the best part is its paid off and it still runs and looks great. Once again, welcome to the Tacoma club.
Unless you don't mind a big truck and feeding it constantly, you,ll wish you would have kept the taco. Happened to me. C,mon. We see the posts all the time. "Man I wish I wouldn't have sold that Tacoma". Don't be that guy! Hahaha. Cheers
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels in the pic came stock on some of the 1st gen sequoias and should fit no problem imo. My parents 02 sequoia has those exact wheels.

The "brake eating" situation with the sequoia was taken care of with a tsb that replaced the calipers with bigger upgraded ones I believe. The frame just got replaced on the 02 a couple weeks ago. I really like the sequoia personally though.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #10

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Those wheels in the pic came stock on some of the 1st gen sequoias and should fit no problem imo. My parents 02 sequoia has those exact wheels.

The "brake eating" situation with the sequoia was taken care of with a tsb that replaced the calipers with bigger upgraded ones I believe. The frame just got replaced on the 02 a couple weeks ago. I really like the sequoia personally though.
Hmmm, never heard of that TSB. Maybe I'll look into it. Thanks. All I know is the Sequoia is a "USA only" market vehicle, its sold nowhere else. In the large SUV world, it was great. But man does that first gen have issues. Brakes are well known. Another major issue is the AC system, we've spent tousands on ours over the years and its completely dead again. Then there the VSC computer that shits the bed, ours did. Other than that, its a great vehicle . haha...

Yes, I have seen at least very similar wheels on Sequoias, so fingers crossed. Will find out for sure tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #11

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Welp, we have an answer. Just posting up to finish and answer the question, as I could NOT find it anywhere else on the interwebs. So, I'll create some searchable keywords:

Tacoma wheels fit sequoia
TRD 6 lug wheels on sequoia
1st gen sequoia wheels fit 1st gen tacoma
1st gen tacoma wheels fit sequoia

So yes, everything swapped just fine. In fact, the aftermarket wheels I put on the Sequoia are offset outboard an inch or two from the stockers and actually give it a little wider stance, which IMHO is a bonus. I could not have ordered a better fitting wheel for the Taco. So lucky.

I got this truck off a lot, its not like I hate the Taco wheels its just that they were painted (overspray on tires etc.) and the steering wheel shook down the freeway, I told dude about it and he fully admitted, they put the tires on it and they buy THE cheapest POS tires you've never heard of from China. He said "they're probably already delaminating". At least he was honest. The new rims have some very decent Falken's and man, does it ride butter smooth now! So stoked.

Toytech "Ultimate" is on the way. Complete fluid change and tune up starting this weekend. Game on. See ya'll soon. Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails
I'm officially in the Taco Turd club!  (and wheel question)-seq-w-trd-wheels.jpg   I'm officially in the Taco Turd club!  (and wheel question)-taco-w-wheels.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loppy View Post
Hmmm, never heard of that TSB. Maybe I'll look into it. Thanks. All I know is the Sequoia is a "USA only" market vehicle, its sold nowhere else. In the large SUV world, it was great. But man does that first gen have issues. Brakes are well known. Another major issue is the AC system, we've spent tousands on ours over the years and its completely dead again. Then there the VSC computer that shits the bed, ours did. Other than that, its a great vehicle . haha...

Yes, I have seen at least very similar wheels on Sequoias, so fingers crossed. Will find out for sure tomorrow.
We've never had brake or AC issues with our sequoia. We do have the VSC problem currently though lol. It's not really urgent to be fixed because it's not driven a whole lot.

Quote:
Welp, we have an answer. Just posting up to finish and answer the question, as I could NOT find it anywhere else on the interwebs. So, I'll create some searchable keywords:

So yes, everything swapped just fine. In fact, the aftermarket wheels I put on the Sequoia are offset outboard an inch or two from the stockers and actually give it a little wider stance, which IMHO is a bonus. I could not have ordered a better fitting wheel for the Taco. So lucky.

I got this truck off a lot, its not like I hate the Taco wheels its just that they were painted (overspray on tires etc.) and the steering wheel shook down the freeway, I told dude about it and he fully admitted, they put the tires on it and they buy THE cheapest POS tires you've never heard of from China. He said "they're probably already delaminating". At least he was honest. The new rims have some very decent Falken's and man, does it ride butter smooth now! So stoked.

Toytech "Ultimate" is on the way. Complete fluid change and tune up starting this weekend. Game on. See ya'll soon. Cheers!!
Glad it worked out! The wider stance will probably help when you put 33s on lol. I really like my Toytec ULK. Did you include new leaf packs in the kit?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Next order of bidness...

GREY WIRE MOD!!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just installed my Toytec ultimate lift with the AAL in the rear and it is so awesome I love my truck so much more now!

I know I know....I need to take some better pictures.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #15

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
We've never had brake or AC issues with our sequoia. We do have the VSC problem currently though lol. It's not really urgent to be fixed because it's not driven a whole lot.

Glad it worked out! The wider stance will probably help when you put 33s on lol. I really like my Toytec ULK. Did you include new leaf packs in the kit?
Lucky bastard! (on the Sequoia). We've had nothing but problems.

I almost pulled the trigger on the OME springs, but went with the long AAL to save a few bucks. Couple other reasons, my truck appears to be a peach. There's never been a slider hitch installed (looked for bolts r&r and scractches on the frame too, nothing) and the rear springs feel really, really fresh on mine. It had a shell and there's not a scratch on the bedliner. I dont think it was ever really beat as a "truck". They actually ride really nice. I was surprised. So the AAL made sense.

Besides, I have a built CJ7 for a rock crawler, have built many trail rigs. I have tons of leaf packs out back, I'll just make some new springs if I need em. Cant wait! Want my shiny CNC goodies damnit! haha... thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #16

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver02Taco View Post
Next order of bidness...

GREY WIRE MOD!!
(this place needs a multiquote function, mods?? )

Saw that one for sure. I'm on it man! Cant wait to get all that going. I'm downloading pics to a file for my eventual build thread. Not that it will be anything you guys haven't seen.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #17

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
I just installed my Toytec ultimate lift with the AAL in the rear and it is so awesome I love my truck so much more now!

I know I know....I need to take some better pictures.
Dude, your truck is EXACTLY what I want mine to look like. IMHO, its the best looking and most functional "stance" I've seen. Dang I love that. I cant frigg'n wait!!! Hurry the hell up TT and send me my junk!!! Thanks for the motivation man.

Are those 33's? They're perfect size.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
Quote:
Dude, your truck is EXACTLY what I want mine to look like. IMHO, its the best looking and most functional "stance" I've seen. Dang I love that. I cant frigg'n wait!!! Hurry the hell up TT and send me my junk!!! Thanks for the motivation man.

Are those 33's? They're perfect size.
Yeah they are 285/75/16 which is basically 33x11.5x16 I still need to adjust my front up about another half an inch but that's the way it sits from Toytec I made no adjustments.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #19

Loppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
Yeah they are 285/75/16 which is basically 33x11.5x16 I still need to adjust my front up about another half an inch but that's the way it sits from Toytec I made no adjustments.
Sick. That's exactly what I'm doing. Dig your rig man.

Got shipping confirmation. Fed x has it. I hope they drive faster than Denny Hamlin. Hahaha. So jacked.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #20
Haha yeah I took of Wednesday and Thursday and all day Wednesday I sat on my couch staring out the window looking for fed ex and ups. I got all my stuff in one day it was awesome!