Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Safe amount of Triple Mix / Top Soil to haul?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
BackCountry is on a distinguished road

BackCountry's Tacoma Gallery
Safe amount of Triple Mix / Top Soil to haul?

I know some dirt is heavier than others, and definitely heaver than mulch. Just curious what ya'll would consider a safe amount of Triple Mix to haul.

I believe the dirt yards do 1/2 or full yard bucket loads. It seems like a yard would be a bit ridiculous, but maybe my taco could handle a 1/2 yard? 6.5ft box, 6 cylinder trd... Less than a 10min drive.

Thoughts?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCountry View Post
I know some dirt is heavier than others, and definitely heaver than mulch. Just curious what ya'll would consider a safe amount of Triple Mix to haul.

I believe the dirt yards do 1/2 or full yard bucket loads. It seems like a yard would be a bit ridiculous, but maybe my taco could handle a 1/2 yard? 6.5ft box, 6 cylinder trd... Less than a 10min drive.

Thoughts?
I've hauled dirt many times, usually 1/2 yard. No problems even though I have removed the overload leaf. When I hauled a full yard once, it made me nervous, and I don't recommend it (but it does fit in a 6-foot bed.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
i have some stiff springs and have put 2200lbs in the back of my tacoma. WHEELIE mahcine
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I've hauled a ton of rock in the bed... all I do is just evenly load it until my bump stops are about an inch or so from touching.

Then call it all good.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
I hauled a yard in my Taco. The rear suspension was almost fully compressed, but not quite on the bump stops. I was only going about 6 miles. I just took it easy and got it off the Taco as quickly as I could.

It will make a difference if the soil is dry or damp too.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I just found the post where I went to the dump to unload rock from my yard. They weight your truck before and after to get the price/ton.

I hauled 2100 pounds of rock/dirt/crap on my sagging suspension. The dump is probably a 15 mile drive too.

Just an FYI