Notices

Sold the 2nd Gen and got me a 1st Gen!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Blindsider is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Craig
Blindsider's Tacoma Gallery
Sold the 2nd Gen and got me a 1st Gen!

Recently sold my 08 TRD Sport to save some money to buy a house.

And was able to pick up an 02 TRD auto with just under 75k miles!

Only issue is it was hit in the passenger door but it came with a donor door that just needs paint.

Brought her home today and already changed the air filter and oil. Just have to track down the passenger side mirror. Already planning on the bilstein/eibach lift with an AAL since the leafs don't have many miles on them. Already learned a lot from the forums so thanks to everyone that contributes!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
BackCountry is on a distinguished road

BackCountry's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I can't speak to 2nd gens, and I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum will disagree. But when I first took my 1st gen to my mechanics, they were standing on their heads wondering if I would take offers on it. Their opinion was that 1st gens were much better than 2nd...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to hang on to mine for another decade.

Very nice colour, btw.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

Where in "Upstate NY" are you?
I lived in the Catskill Mountains up until 2 years ago, Good ol' Delaware County
Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
Firefighter:
Im just south of albany. Thanks everyone. Psyched to find one just a week after selling mine. Couldn't pass this deal up!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the pictures, the first generation you just bought just looks so much more like a "truck" and has that iconic Toyota look. That is the reason I bought a first generation, not because money was the issue, it was because it just looked and felt more like a Toyota.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
Firefighter:
I was just surprised at the size difference and how much smaller the 1st gens are. Thats what i always remember them being.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Congrats!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Firefighter:
Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen. Mine is the standard one, no power window, no clock, no fancy stuffs, I hope I can hang on to it for another decade or so....
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
I'm jelly. I have a '13 TRD and like the 1st gens a lot more. Toyota got the fender flares wrong on the 2nd gens. Oh well, my truck is good enough and I love it. Still jealous, congrats.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
Firefighter:
I was barely able to get the plugs out of the rear diff to change the fluid. Damn salt here in the northeast! Also greased most of the spots underneath but will get the rest tomorrow. So good so far!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #17
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Good move OP!

Paying much lower registration/insurance fees and enjoying the awesome durability and timeless look of our 1st gens is a huge bonus!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #18
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
The "09" I now drive is OK, but for whatever reason I also liked the smaller 1st gen. better.
My neighbor bought my 95 Tacoma and is still driving it. It now has over 250k on it!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #19
Drewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Drewski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCountry View Post
Nice! I can't speak to 2nd gens, and I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum will disagree. But when I first took my 1st gen to my mechanics, they were standing on their heads wondering if I would take offers on it. Their opinion was that 1st gens were much better than 2nd...
Yeah the same thing happened to me, the one time I took it in to a 'yota dealer. Somebody even called me later from the dealer, asking if I'd like to sell it - not trade it in on a new - just sell it. That's when I realized I need to hang on to it! So I'm always a bit surprised when I hear stories like the OP, that people are actually able to find gen 1 trucks in good shape for a good price.