Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rust Prevention

Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
I used the undercoating/bedliner spray from Walmart at the recommendation of others. I wire brushed and lightly sanded some areas, your not going to get it all and in those spots the spray on stuff just chips off. Im not familiar with the POR-15 but I would suggest you look into something other than the spray on stuff. Based on my experience I would say go with what works not whats the easiest but you truely won't know until you try yourself because everyones experience is different. Post some pics when your done.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
Shawster is on a distinguished road
Shawster's Tacoma Gallery
Try Rust Check

Hey guys.

I can tell you living in Winnipeg Manitoba, we have tons of road salt. The product that is second to none is something called Rust Check. You can buy it in a can and spray the crap out of your vehicle. I would suggest reapplying it once a year. When you spray it on, it will drip a bit for a day or two so don't park it on your own driveway.

If you want it to look pretty, you can certainly hit it with some type of rust paint prior to spraying it down with Rust Check. DO NOT USE an encapsulator or undercoating. The fact that guys see it peel off and are horrified after they see what is underneath is reason enough not to do it.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawster View Post
Hey guys.

I can tell you living in Winnipeg Manitoba, we have tons of road salt. The product that is second to none is something called Rust Check. You can buy it in a can and spray the crap out of your vehicle. I would suggest reapplying it once a year. When you spray it on, it will drip a bit for a day or two so don't park it on your own driveway.

If you want it to look pretty, you can certainly hit it with some type of rust paint prior to spraying it down with Rust Check. DO NOT USE an encapsulator or undercoating. The fact that guys see it peel off and are horrified after they see what is underneath is reason enough not to do it.
Is it this one you recommend? Thanks.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en