Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please Help! Newbie Lift Question!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
tacostaco is on a distinguished road
tacostaco's Tacoma Gallery
Please Help! Newbie Lift Question!

Hello - I recently purchased a '96 4x4 Tacoma and want to lift the truck enough to clear 12.5x33's. I have looked all over this site, as well as others, and have gotten quite an array of opinions. The truck is on the road more often than not, so I don't need anything radical. I would like to know whatever is truly the best way to go to clear the 12.5x33's without rubbing during turns (I do realize there may have to be minor trimming in the fenderwell). These are the three options I'm comparing as they have been the most recommended:
- 4-Wheel Parts/ ProComp recommends a 2.5 inch leveling kit
- member suggested Bilstein 5100's with Eibach springs
- member suggested Bilstein 5100's with OME coils
I hope this will be my final search so I can move forward - any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Frank
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
pcbuilder14 has 33's may ask him I think he is runnin an AAL and 5100
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The OME lift is a great lift! Will provide 3" of lift that will clear your 33s
Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the UCAs to correct your alignment
Old 05-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have to beat or grind the pinch weld and those 33s will always rub on the frame at full lock unless you have proper wheel backspacing. (Plus 3" or so of whatever lift you choose)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
tacostaco is on a distinguished road
tacostaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all of your replies. The last couple of trucks I've owned (not Tacomas) had rubbing issues near the outside of the front fender-wells, even when make a simple turn into my driveway. That's what I'm really trying to eliminate; if it only does it at "full lock" I can live with that. I'll let you know what I end up going with and post pics as well. Thank you again!
Frank
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Bang for the buck - - OME

But to make sure you pick the right one... check out my Q&A link below.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94262