So I took my truck (her name is Joan) to the dealership the other day for a check up like you'd walk into the doctors for. She's a '97 2.4L 4 banger, with a charmingly terrible red paint job. Anywho, I asked them to make me a list of things that are due to be done and their prices for doing those things. Here's the list yall:
1. Rotate Tires and Alignment = 79.99
2. Clean and adjust throttle body = 83.94
3. Flush and Change Brake Fluid = 156.64
4. Flush and Change Powersteering Fluid = 112.16
5. Flush and Change Differential Fluid = 349.86
6. Flush and Change Coolant Fluid = 149.94
7. Oil Leak Clean and keep an eye on
8. Replace Leaky Washer Fluid Resovoir = 15.14
To pay the dealership... Total = 947.67
My goal is to do all of these things myself figure out how much it cost as I do each thing myself. Then compare the totals at the end and see how much money I save!
For reference I found this and the threads attached to it:
I'm gonna document my progress. I'll be more than happy to post it here if you guys would like as I get things done as well as update the costs etc. This is gonna be my project for the summer. Any other bits of advice you guys have before I start are most certainly welcome!