Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fun while it lasted :(

Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
3fitty will become famous soon enough3fitty will become famous soon enough
Name: Lambone
3fitty's Tacoma Gallery
Fun while it lasted :(

This may be goodbye to my Tacoma brothers. A very young in-experienced driver crashed into me last week. My neck is still hurting like crazy. Not sure if it's gonna be totaled out but it's hard to say. What do you guys think? Repairable? I'd rather they total it cause front end collisions make me weary even if it's repaired properly.

UPDATE: It's official. Insurance totaled the truck today. Made me a great offer so I took it

Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
AcroJumper is on a distinguished road
Name: Joel
AcroJumper's Tacoma Gallery
Not fun at all Man! I have been there. I hope you are okay and your neck begins to feel better. I was out for over six months when my Jeep went airborne on the highway from another driver.

I would say it is hard to tell if it's totaled without seeing the frame. I have seen worse front ends on Toyotas that were repaired and fine, and I have seen twenty mile an hour fender benders that have totaled Mustangs. All depends on the metal down low.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, glad you are ok OP, that really sucks!

I'm curious, did your airbag deploy? Looks like your front bumper grill guard made the damage worse... I wonder how an ARB or aftermarket plate bumper would of handled it in this scenario.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
If your airbag deployed it will 99% sure they will total it.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your ok op, hope you feel better.
Bigoly maybe an after market would of helped but we will never know
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear OP, glad you're alright
Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man. Glad youre alright as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
Wow, glad you are ok OP, that really sucks!

I'm curious, did your airbag deploy? Looks like your front bumper grill guard made the damage worse... I wonder how an ARB or aftermarket plate bumper would of handled it in this scenario.
That's why most people refer to those as damage multipliers. A plate bumper would probably have saved the body but more than likely would have messed up the frame just as bad or even worse.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Loggerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: Seán
Loggerhead's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Glad that you made it out in one piece and hope your neck gets to feelin better soon.

Try not to worry too much, there's other tacos out there but only one of you
Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that, glad y'all aight. From an angle shot in the picture,that's totaled .
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
That sucks man. Glad youre alright as well.

That's why most people refer to those as damage multipliers. A plate bumper would probably have saved the body but more than likely would have messed up the frame just as bad or even worse.
Yes biggest reason some aftermarket bumpers get rid of crumple zones (if that makes sense) so the frame takes the impact.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
3fitty will become famous soon enough3fitty will become famous soon enough
Name: Lambone
3fitty's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. The airbag didn't deploy. I'm really suprised that it didn't. Maybe it malfunctioned? It is a 12 year old truck after all.

Yes, I'm looking on the bright side. This is a sign. For me to get a 4x4 Tacoma
Old 05-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Glad you're ok
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you ok man, that sucks about your rig but if they do total it out what kind of 4x4 you want?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
If your airbag deployed it will 99% sure they will total it.
I guess my patrol car was in the 1% that they didn't total...very similar damage, airbag deployment, its back on the street fully repaired.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
Knowledge rating result of a goat vs MC vid
Aught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Aught2TaCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fitty View Post
This is a sign. For me to get a 4x4 Tacoma
I thought the same thing when I read your first post. And your neck issue should be WELL taken care of by the kid's insurance co., don't let them short change you. Get well soon!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #16
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
That will buff right out. I dont think they'll total it. Headlights still work
Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #17
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Guy was probably on a cell or texting sorry for your lost, glad your OK.