Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bpody mount replacement

Old 05-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Bpody mount replacement

Was adjusting bed (mounted on frame slightly crooked) and while I was under the truck I decided to check the 4 main body mounts, all of them are toast, large cracks in rubber....

It looks to be fairly easy, any how to's, I have done some searching and haven't come up with anything specific yet...

Thanks...
Old 05-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Polyurethane bushing kits are available for them, and they will last way longer than rubber ones. There's a thread here for installing them someplace.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did find many references to body mount lift kits with searches here, I am just trying to replace the worn out stockers with the poly's...

After more research, it seems I will have to loosen/remove nuts on the three down one side, or just the two under the cab, and loosening the three down the other side?, then carefully jack one side up to remove, reinstall leaving bolts slightly loose, replace them other side, lower it all down, then retighten everything to spec....

I guess my only real concern is getting the one closest to the fender in and out on each side...

I can dive in and figure this out, but it is always nice to have some kind of primer for the first go round...

Thanks..
Old 05-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
nswsparky is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
nswsparky's Tacoma Gallery
If your body mounts are shot, like rusty they will be super difficult to remove you will snap them off so just plan for that if you need your truck running for work on Mon.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
OldPhart

I have figured most everything out, the only question that remains is the long bolts on the cab, do I access top of bolts from inside cab, under rug, pop rubber plug, binga, banga, boom...

or???? otherwise I got this...

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #7
OldPhart

TacoDell,

Thanks for the linkee, I apologize, it was my intent to replace with the poly mounts either Prothane or Energy Suspension...

Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
MEDICDUDE423 is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Matt
MEDICDUDE423's Tacoma Gallery
If you replace them please snap a few pics. I need to replace mine as well this would help!!!!!! Thank you