Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket belts? Recommendations?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
amp3d is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
amp3d's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket belts? Recommendations?

Hey guys, just about to replace my belts as they are starting to squeal a bit and look worn.

Dropped by dealership today to price out oem and they don't even stock them lol.

So since ill have to order them, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone recommends aftermarket.
Should I just order oem from dealership? Is this one of those always stick with oem parts?

Thx!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've had succes with Bando belts.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
JudoJohn is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JudoJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone, advance auto, O'Reilly's all good stuff.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say either gates or goodyear gatorback. I've heard good things from both. I've used gates and every now and then on start up they'll give a small sequel but it only lasts a second and quickly goes away.

http://www.gates.com/part_locator/in...o=Interference will tell you the gates part #'s and you can find them on Amazon at a good price.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Loggerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: Seán
Loggerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Gatorbacks!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
amp3d is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
amp3d's Tacoma Gallery
thx guys! I will take a peek around for what you recommend
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
OEM first, followed by gators.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
NCJeyota is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Mike
NCJeyota's Tacoma Gallery
Look on rockauto.com, site is very easy to navigate and they carry all the popular brands for a good price.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
The PO of my truck put on AC delco belts. They same fine so far. Not sure how many miles are on them, though.