Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spare tire SAFETY RECALL "C0V"

Old 05-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Spare tire SAFETY RECALL "C0V"

Just FYI, I found this recall (campaign #C0V for the rear spare tire carrier which is alledged to fail and cause the spare tire to fall off) on my vehicle while attempting to determine what maitenance is was in need of. Took it to the dealer for replacement and was advised that I needed to buy $600 worth of replacement parts in order for them to complete the recall. Well thats not happening, so I am awaiting Toyota's call. The dealer also claimed to open a case # through Toyota. Well see how this one goes.

As far as I understand this is current for all 2001-2004 Tacomas that originated from the "rust belt areas" of: DC, CT, DE, IL, IN, KY,MA, ME, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV. Anyone that has a vehicle from these area may want to check their VIn through the Toyota Owners web page. (Sorry I don't have a link at the moment)
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
I got that recall done today, actually.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6889315

Super easy, a 5 minute phone call and 40 minutes sitting on a comfy couch. $0 out of my pocket.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
I got that recall done today, actually.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6889315

Super easy, a 5 minute phone call and 40 minutes sitting on a comfy couch. $0 out of my pocket.
I'll find out tommorow what the deal is with mine. So far I've got 4-5 hours and three trips to the dealer in mine. Thanks for the link, the new one looks pretty. I sure don't see $600 in parts that my dealer said needs in order to do this recall.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
I'll find out tommorow what the deal is with mine. So far I've got 4-5 hours and three trips to the dealer in mine. Thanks for the link, the new one looks pretty. I sure don't see $600 in parts that my dealer said needs in order to do this recall.
Yeah, me neither! Good luck!