Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Most Affordable/cheap Leaf springs???

Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
95greengirl has a spectacular aura about95greengirl has a spectacular aura about
Name: Reegoberto
95greengirl's Tacoma Gallery
Most Affordable/cheap Leaf springs???

Sorry if I am repeating a question, but I looked around and I couldn't find a straight answer/website...

Situation:
I have some major axle wrap and I want to change the frowning leafs out before I possibly sell my 01 Double Cab Pre-runner. The reason I want to sell my truck is to upgrade to a 2nd Generation. There is a small chance I could keep the truck, but very small at this point. I don't want to buy an expensive set of leafs because it would most likely eat away at my sale price/profit. So cheapest/affordable set is what I am looking for...

I know some people might say sell as is, but I just don't feel right selling my truck not fixing the issue. That and I feel it would be harder to sell...

Thanks again!!!

Gene
Old 05-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html get in contact with this guy
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
X2 hes making me a set when I order my lift
Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
95greengirl has a spectacular aura about95greengirl has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys... I would imagine the turn around might take a few weeks? This guy looks awesome!!! I know for the next truck I would totally send him a message!!! Any websites that are affordable/cheap that have fast turn around..?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I know of for stock height
Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
X3 ^^^^^^^if you want the cheapest $$$$$$$^^^^^^^^

If you want new look at Wheelers Off Road and Down South Motorsports. Both are good to deal with and both can be found in the vendor section.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a cheap/easy fix that will breathe some life back in to your springs, albeit only temporarily, just get an AAL for ~$70 But make sure to mention the fact to the potential buyer, "The leafs are one their way out, i put an AAL in to help them for the next little bit but in the future, you may want to replace them." Done.

Reason being, you never know what your buyer wants from the truck. They may want to go Dakar's and expo it, or drop it low and chop it up. Hell, they might just not care!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
If you want a cheap/easy fix that will breathe some life back in to your springs, albeit only temporarily, just get an AAL for ~$70 But make sure to mention the fact to the potential buyer, "The leafs are one their way out, i put an AAL in to help them for the next little bit but in the future, you may want to replace them." Done.

Reason being, you never know what your buyer wants from the truck. They may want to go Dakar's and expo it, or drop it low and chop it up. Hell, they might just not care!
DblCABMN... thanks for your reply! If I AAL how long will it last and will it stop the axle wrap that is going on? I also contemplated
this, but was unsure if it would take away the axle wrap symptoms...? Thanks for the reply!

gene
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Just DIY. Go to the junk yard and find so,e 3/4 ton leafs or 1 tons. Trim them down to size and paint them then your done.

Blackdawh... thanks for the reply and I love to see your threads by the way! I may look into doing this... it would be a very fun project... the question I have is ... How do I know how much heighth it'll give me creating my own leaf or switch leafs out?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95greengirl View Post
Blackdawh... thanks for the reply and I love to see your threads by the way! I may look into doing this... it would be a very fun project... the question I have is ... How do I know how much heighth it'll give me creating my own leaf or switch leafs out?

thats part of the fun

you just swap some in and out till you find a good combo. Took me 3 times to get it how i like it.

Needless to say i got real good at tearing apart the rear suspension..haha