Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I got the spare tire carrier plate recall done at the dealership today.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
I got the spare tire carrier plate recall done at the dealership today.

It went well. They told me on the phone that they'd have to take the bed off. It only took them about 40 minutes and all I had to do was sign a sheet and they handed me my keys and I headed out. It looks nice, especially compared to the rust up under there and I trust it much more now. (You can see I didn't have my tire on there.) While I had the spare off, I painted the wheel and put a new tire on there and got it balanced. Here are some pics. I wish I had taken some before.

So, a 5 minute phone call on Friday, and 40 minutes at the Toyota place today, no money out of my pocket, no questions, no problems. I'm very satisfied.

Now I'm starting to get worried about frame rust as I'm seeing more of it as my undercoating flakes away...