Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passanger side mirror... a stupid question

Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Passanger side mirror... a stupid question

O.K. so my passanger side mirror had a mirror replaced in it by the PO and was not the right size. It would only adjust side to side as it was sitting flush on the top and bottom. I purchased a set of OEM mirrors and as i was getting ready to sand down the pass. side one i was able to pop out the mirror so i thought cool i will just replace the mirror part and not the whole assy. To make a long story short got the mirror pieces changed out only to find out that it only adjusts side to side and not up or down.... Is the motor shot or is this is the way it is? they are electric mirrors BTW
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Blindsider is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Craig
Blindsider's Tacoma Gallery
Just plug in the replacement without mounting it and see if that adjusts up and down.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsider View Post
Just plug in the replacement without mounting it and see if that adjusts up and down.
I did and it looks like i gonna have to change out the assy. I wasn't sure if i had to take the door pannel off to reach the plug, that is why i asked
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know squat about the powered mirrors...

But if both old an new mirrors are dysfunctional in their vertical up and down movement...
yet both will adjust horizontally (in/out)...

I might began to suspect the mirror's control switch / e-connection as faulty.

Possibly the prior OP wired them incorrectly...
Or the switch has gone bad !?

Do you hear the mirror motor run when the switch is toggled for that L-R adjustment ?